Rear fender for XR600

7 replies to this topic
  • Fredda

Posted December 07, 2004 - 09:09 AM

I thought to replace the original ugly one to a mx fender. But which mx fender fits best/looks best?

• HairyScary

Posted December 07, 2004 - 08:34 PM

If your biggest beef with the stocker is the tail light, then Acerbis makes a fender identical to stock, but without the tail light well/indent. It is a pretty nice part. You have to drill the mount holes but that is no big deal at all, and lets you ensure it is 100% straight.

You need to go to Four Strokes Only and look at the nice page they have set up that lists all the rear fender options (or at least most of them). Not associated with them in any way - just noticed their page was quite informative.

:cry:

• Fredda

Posted December 08, 2004 - 05:50 AM

Oh, Thanks.

Nice page but the fenders there looks a bit to curved.
Looking for a fender that is rather streight (can you say so?!) like the fenders on new bikes. (KTM fender is a good examlpe)

It doesent need to be one for XR600, i'll modifie it but it should "fit in" with the other on the bike.. (hope you se what I meen)

• cajohns

Posted June 24, 2005 - 12:05 PM

I had the same issue - I hated the curved enduro fender and replaced it with a heavily modified MX style fender from a 2005 CR 250. It looks trick. Almost like a new bike now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fuct

Posted June 24, 2005 - 08:51 PM

Cemoto XR600 MX rear fender from 4 Strokes Only. Pricey but fits well and gave my L a whole new look.

Posted Image

• FOUR STOKED

Posted June 24, 2005 - 11:02 PM

[

B]Originally posted by Fuct[/B]
Cemoto XR600 MX rear fender from 4 Strokes Only. Pricey but fits well and gave my L a whole new look.

http://www.software360.net/bc/XR2.jpg

Where did you get the black gas tank? If you painted it how is the paint holding up? I was of the understanding that you could not paint a plastic gas tank. By the way, trick looking bike! :)

• fuct

Posted June 24, 2005 - 11:56 PM

thanks for the compliment. tank is from IMS. black plastic, not painted. side covers are painted with Krylon Fusion though. just painted them this week. i'll find out how it holds up this sunday on my canyon trip. will post a report on the painted plastics after my sunday ride.

• Fredda

Posted June 25, 2005 - 04:38 AM

I have found a fender who fits rather good, from a YZF of later years. Cost like 17 bucks or so, so its a bit cheaper then the 50 bucks specialfenders. Have also made an alu "holder" for the light. (post pictures soon)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.