2005 WR 450 smog elimination kit.

20 replies to this topic
  • Lowedog

Posted December 06, 2004 - 10:35 PM

Here are some pics of the plugs I made for my friends '05 to get rid of the smog crap.

pic 1

pic2

pic 3

pic 4

Made for a nice clean installation. I made the plugs press fit into the holes and also used a little sealant around them to insure no leaks.

Made in the USA :cry: :cry:

:cry: Lowedog

• myoung

Posted December 06, 2004 - 11:02 PM

I keep telling my buddy to bring his over to my shop so I can make some plugs for his, but noooooo, he doesn't want to mess with it. :cry:

Pffffttt......panzy :cry:

Hey Anthony, you reading this? :cry:

• Flip01

Posted December 06, 2004 - 11:21 PM

:cry: Bite me.... :cry:

• myoung

Posted December 06, 2004 - 11:37 PM

:cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 07, 2004 - 05:22 AM

Great job Lowedog! :cry: That looks clean. :cry: I wish Yamaha would just bite the bullet and go with FI and a small catalytic converter that can be tossed when you replace the pipe! This AIS system is clean air insanity! :cry:

• Endurordr

Posted December 07, 2004 - 07:13 AM

Looks like someone has the making of a future production part! Looks great

• mark2025

Posted December 07, 2004 - 07:55 AM

Are you going to make more of these to sell? Looks very clean.

• BURLEY

Posted December 07, 2004 - 01:49 PM

Jeez those are gorgeous. I capped the intake and airbox with 50 cent vacuum caps from NAPA, and I am going to a friends shop tomorrow where he will weld the hole closed on the end of the fitting that fits in the head. Not quite as clean though. Nice job!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 07, 2004 - 03:07 PM

Nice work Lowedog... I think might have started something... :cry:

• Lowedog

Posted December 09, 2004 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys. I thought I would make a few of these up and list them on ebay.

Lowedog

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HarveyMushman

Posted December 09, 2004 - 10:07 PM

I'll be looking :cry:

• odonnks

Posted February 25, 2006 - 02:43 PM

Very nice work !!
I'm new to these, is there any performance gains with the removal of the AIS or just no more backfire during decel ??

Great Work!

• tony1970

Posted February 25, 2006 - 03:58 PM

No performance gain from removing the AIS. It does eliminate the backfire and cleans up the bike by removing the hoses and body. Lowdogs kit is the TT kit you can buy from the store. There are a few guys here that feel that this kit is a rip off at the price they are charging.( Spend almost $7K for a bike and bitch about $33? :thumbsup:) IMHO the price is negligible the kit looks good and professional when installed. Plus it goes to TT, where I have gotten untold amounts of advice on my bike for free. Yamaha also sells a kit with clamp plugs, #48PJ, jet needle, and a YZ throttle stop. You can get the kit for a little more than the TT kit.

• Lowedog

Posted February 25, 2006 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the compliments. The TT AIS elimination kit is a permanent removal. It doesn't add any performance other than eliminating the popping caused by the AIS. This makes dialing in your jetting way easier. It also allows for the use of some after market tanks that won't fit with the AIS installed.

:thumbsup: Lowedog

• rich1167

Posted February 25, 2006 - 09:39 PM

It also allows easier access to the Right side of the carb. Just that alone was enough to sell me. I found it clean and easy to install. I did the JD kit, TT AIS kit and Zip Ty mods at the same time. Opened up the exhaust and air box. The bike is monster. The guys I ride with that have older 426's that don't visit TT are impressed with my bikes performance.

• RSWR450F

Posted May 06, 2006 - 01:37 PM

Yamaha WR 450 F 2006:
smog elimination in my garage - modification

http://www.rsracing....3-18/index.html
http://www.rsracing....450F/index.html

www.rsracing.cz

• Lowedog

Posted May 06, 2006 - 08:40 PM

:crazy: :ride: :ride:

-Lowedog

• Beejay

Posted May 06, 2006 - 11:53 PM

Yamaha WR 450 F 2006:
smog elimination in my garage - modification

http://www.rsracing....3-18/index.html
http://www.rsracing....450F/index.html

www.rsracing.cz

Love those gold hubs :crazy: Very sweet lokking bike :ride:

• albertlui

Posted May 07, 2006 - 01:21 AM

Nice bike! :crazy:

From your photos, I see something like a steering lock in the lower tripple, isn't it? I want to know where can I buy it. :ride:

And, is that a YZ rear fender? What year will fit the 06WR?

Thanks!

• RSWR450F

Posted May 07, 2006 - 12:28 PM

Rear fender is ACERBIS original WR look like YZ. Rear diod light ACERBIS.
Steering lock isn´t there.
Handlebar adapters is home made.

My bike is WR450F 2006.

Rosta

www.rsracing.cz

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.