Buddy pegs?

14 replies to this topic
  • DieselsRcool

Posted December 06, 2004 - 05:56 PM

Buddy pegs on a WR450?

I know, it's like dancing in MX boots but running around town I'd like to be able to carry one of my kids. Anyone know what fits/works or where to get some? :cry:

• Endurordr

Posted December 06, 2004 - 08:40 PM

I don't know who makes any but you could always fabricate something. Maybe try Baja Designs, or they could probably direct you to somewhere you could find them.

P.S. How do you like Gig Harbor, my sister in law just moved there from So. Cal, I'll be visiting there for the first time in February.

• DieselsRcool

Posted December 06, 2004 - 09:28 PM

So Cal to the NW huh? Mmmm... Her first wet winter. Should be interesting. Feb should be nice and wet. :cry: Everyone here will look white and pastie. Course I can't stand the crouded So Cal area either. Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy.

I have lived here for 32 yrs and am tired of the wet grey dark winters. 4-6mos of the year there is no better place but about now I'm ready to head to Baja.

RE:Pegs
I'm afraid I will have to come up with my own peg setup. Maybe weld some small tabs onto the swingarm.

• mousemeat

Posted December 07, 2004 - 02:55 AM

I have thought about this for a while, and i reckon the best thing would be to get some big fat bmx pegs and bolt them through the hole in the swingarm. Just make sure they are wearing some proper boots.

Baja designs sells some proper pegs but they are a bit of work and a chunk of money

• OrionEngineer

Posted December 07, 2004 - 08:29 AM

I have been thinking about this as well.... Seems like the best thing would be to be able to use the bolt and nut in the swingarm somehow. Either that or use the holes for that bolt and have some sort of expanding device that would clamp in there. There are cheaper pegs, but they clamp on to the swingarm and it seems pretty scketchy. They have to be mounted so far back to clear the chain that the passenger's feet would be traveling quite a bit as the suspension moves. I guess the only other option would be to weld tabs onto the frame and use normal street bike pegs that fold up.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted December 07, 2004 - 11:06 AM

I have 2 sets in my trailer. I got mine here.

http://www.fourstrok...Buddypegs2.html

Bonzai :cry:

• DieselsRcool

Posted December 07, 2004 - 02:57 PM

I have 2 sets in my trailer.

Do they cause problems with the kickstand?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted December 08, 2004 - 05:47 AM

Not at all. They fold up and out of the way, when not in use.

Bonzai :cry:

• Frostbite

Posted December 08, 2004 - 06:32 AM

Don't mount the pegs to the swingarm, mount them the frame on brackets. If you hit a bad bump the passenger's feet take a hard hit through the pegs. I have seen off road pegs somewhere but you could probably get a set off of a scrapped sport bike and adapt them. A lot of sportbike passenger pegs are mounted to small brackets that bolt to the frame.

• mousemeat

Posted December 08, 2004 - 06:43 AM

I dont think anybody is going to be jumping or doing serious off road with someone on the back. I just want to stick pegs on so i can get me a little leather clad honey and chuck her on the back.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted December 11, 2004 - 05:21 PM

I just want to stick pegs on so i can get me a little leather clad honey and chuck her on the back.

Ha Good luck :cry:

• MountainMax

Posted December 06, 2007 - 05:37 PM

i tried to email them at 4strokes only but their address came back, does anyone else sell these? i really need a set......

• johnnyjeep

Posted December 06, 2007 - 06:52 PM

Hey mad max, I noticed that on there it said atleast one of the products were available at Flanders, and the flanders site worked for me a couple of months agao, you should try them.

John in Vegas

• MountainMax

Posted December 07, 2007 - 11:28 AM

thanks, i just emailed them.......

• dugabrams

Posted December 07, 2007 - 06:12 PM

I think a set off of a DRZ-S model would be the cleanest set-up. Alluminum tabs would have to be welded to the subframe and then they would bolt on. They look good and fold up out of the way. You can also use them to wheelie on the freeway (assuming you got the skills)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.