fmf ti4 and quiet core

2 replies to this topic
  • hedgehorn

Posted December 06, 2004 - 04:51 PM

I am running the fmf ti4 system on my 2001 brp, I recently added dualsport lighting so that I can ride it on the street. My questions are about the quiet core insert for the ti4 system. I would like to know if anyone here has any expirience with them on the brp and if they quiet it down much and also if there was a big power loss with the quiet core installed. Thanks in advance, H-2 :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGGITY

Posted December 07, 2004 - 07:33 AM

Not sure if mine has the quiet core or not but I know that I am no where near the DB rating needed for some places. If you find that the quiet core gets you down to the legal db level let me know. :cry:

• JMC

Posted December 07, 2004 - 08:44 PM

Had that system on my 99' yzf400. Added a "quiet core" insert. I already had the spark arrestor in it but needed it quieter. Well the QC is nothing more than a SA insert with a big washer welded over the hole to reduce the size of the outlet. $25.00 Ruined the sound big time, and was only slightly quieter. :cry: Didn't notice much diff. in power output, maybe alittle on top end. I think I could of made a better one on my own. Better than nothing if you don't have a choice though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.