Gray wire mod?

2 replies to this topic
  • fire24/7

Posted December 06, 2004 - 04:25 PM

I have seen a few threads on the gray wire mod. What is it? I have a 01 WR426 and was wondering what it would do for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumpinTed

Posted December 06, 2004 - 11:06 PM

The grey gray wire mod alters the ignition map in the black box. I believe it gives back aprox. 5 deg of spark advance that is not needed due to the the physical limit of the throttle valve opening of 50%. The throttle stop which is the first mod addressed now allows a 100% TVO. The TPS on the carb now is giving a wider signal range to the CDI box. By eliminating the gray wire you are in effect turning on the spark advance map to utilize the TPS signal data from 50% to 100% . What you will notice is the engine rev up a little quicker and hit the rev limiter sooner . Its pretty subtle though. the YZF cam timing mod works well with this mod.

• fire24/7

Posted December 08, 2004 - 07:52 AM

WOW.....great thread!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.