Coupla Questions re: WR426

3 replies to this topic
  • Guzzidave

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:04 AM

My 426 carb overflows everytime I lean the
bike over. Is this a float level problem?
Anyone else with this?
And: I'm 5'10". Any recommendations about
replacement handlebars?

• sfc_crash

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:13 AM

don't lean the bike over!ha!, the float will keep the carb from continuing to flow when full,ie: not overflowing when upright, but when you lean the bike the gas in the bowl will flow out the side vent,as if you tilted a glass that was full,and because of the angle, the float will not be able to rise to the top and seal off the gas. sounds like it's working fine. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrudy

Posted July 20, 2001 - 12:31 PM

I ride a '99 WR400F with Renthal Kevin Windham bars. I'm 5'11" and find the rider compartment roomy enough to ride comfortably and aggressively. On my '01 WR250F ironically I still have the stock bars but did the IMS YZ-style seat/tank switch. I imagine I will replace these bars with the Windham bend.

Posted July 20, 2001 - 06:38 PM

Yes, it's no big deal. I dropped mine today and just like every other overflowed.

2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed, Gray Wire Mod.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.