will not start

5 replies to this topic
  • auto

Posted December 06, 2004 - 08:07 AM

Helping a friend trouble shoot a starting problem with his early 90's xr 650.We towed it and would get an pop here and there.I haven't got into the top end.Is there any history of ignition problems with this bike.Any info will help.

• MCCOYBOY

Posted December 06, 2004 - 08:50 AM

Did you try a new plug first. Sounds like it may be fouled. I always knock out the simple stuff before I dig to deep.

• roadcam

Posted December 06, 2004 - 08:58 AM

if the bike has been sitting a long time, chances are the gasoline has turned bad .... always try fresh gas and a new plug first

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MCCOYBOY

Posted December 07, 2004 - 06:25 AM

Did you get it fixed?

• auto

Posted December 07, 2004 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for asking.Apparently this bike was checked out in the way of valve train,timing and other basic conditions. They want me to check the ignition system out.That's why I ask if there is any history of problems with this bike.
Thanks any help

• MCCOYBOY

Posted December 08, 2004 - 06:31 AM

The only problem I have ever had was a loose connection behind the head light that prevented the bike from having any spark at all.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.