05 Wr450

40 replies to this topic
  • timcook

Posted December 09, 2004 - 01:18 PM

Since we're comparing dealerships & prices I'll add my deal. I purchased my 05 WR450 from Honda East in Toledo Ohio. I found their ad in Cycle Trader. The bike was $6006 delivered to AZ. It fully assembled and in perfect shape. This was the best buying experience I've ever had. The internet sales is run by Scott Johnson. He's knowledgable and "hassle free". He quoted me a price $1400 cheaper than anyone in the state and had me hooked. Awesome dealership that carries all 4 japanese lines as well as other manufacturers.
I did however have to deal with our DOT people after it arrived. AZ is charging me sales tax. I would have saved even more that buying locally if not for the $400 tax...... oh well it goes to a good cause...right?

• kurtdb1

Posted December 10, 2004 - 10:44 AM

with the exception of the throttle stop, mine is bone stock all the way down to the air cleaner....Its awesome. I am coming from an uncorked and rejetted 99WR400 and it is incredible the power difference. I still dont understand why people insist on cutting wires and all the other crap when this bike has more power than anyone other than pro level riders will ever use. I just rode it's 1st D37 Enduro last sunday and while it is a silent running bike (thats a good thing), it could be hand-full in the tight stuff and towards the end of the enduro my roll-chart said "Go-For-It" so i did. I was in 4th gear probably doing 50-60 mph over a whooped out last 5 mile section and getting a bit fatigued...the suspension was working awesome soaking up the bumps....i then decided to try 5th gear. WOW..i twisted and could barely hang on (more fatigue setting in after 4 miles of whoops). The suspension was a bit harsh in the tight slow stuff at the beginning of the stroke but at high speeds it worked great...maybe with some more break-in it will soften up a bit (I weigh 210 lbs ...6 ft tall so if anything it may be undersprung). Unless those "free-mods" help the low end grunt factor, i really see no reason. :cry:

• thumper_dad

Posted December 10, 2004 - 12:44 PM

Check out
http://www.lacyclesports.com/. Their OTD prices can't be beat. I bought mine there in Nov. It was the most hassle-free transaction I've ever experienced. They get high grades from me. :cry:

I have a dealer I always deal with, I get the best prices and top dollar on all my trade in's, when I bought my last bike I was there less than 20 minutes.

I asked your guy for a quote just to see what kind of deal they were offering, even it is better i will make my guy nmatch it :cry:

Thanks for the link.

Rich

• WheelsUp

Posted December 11, 2004 - 10:31 PM

Check out
http://www.lacyclesports.com/. Their OTD prices can't be beat.

Bert's beat them by $100 on my '05 WR250F.

I know... forgive a 250 owner for hopping in here :cry: ... I'm looking for part numbers on the YZ throttle stop screw... local dealer says the 250 and 450 are the same but I want to be sure.

• bottomfeeder2

Posted December 12, 2004 - 07:51 AM

Bert's beat them by $100 on my '05 WR250F.

That's a great find. Good job.

• moach1

Posted December 12, 2004 - 07:50 PM

i live in palm springs and drove out to parker arizona for two reasons. first it is not a california model. second it was 6100 otd, then cali tax and dmv was 500, so i got it 6600 otd. every place in so cal was so out, except berts which wanted 7400 otd. helps to look around!!

• mark2025

Posted December 12, 2004 - 08:00 PM

What do you mean not a California model? I thought all the US 2005 WR450Fs are Cali models with the smog (AIS) gadget. I purchased in OR and have the AIS, so does everyone else that reported on here?

• Jethrro

Posted December 12, 2004 - 08:05 PM

Hey Thumper_Dad,

I'm curious what you paid for your 05.' Around here (Oregon) they are going for $6,599. I'm trying to get them to go lower plus give me a deal on some new gear. Every dealer I've called has 05's in stock. That's a bummer you have to wait untill January.

I was in Ventura, CA over Thanksgiving and saw one at a dealer for $7,399 +set up, lic, and tax. I couldnt' believe they were asking that much!

Talk to a dealersip in portland. Just talked to a guy I know... not to well and he got his 04 for around 500 to 600 less than I paid for mine at herbs in cottage grove. Right know I can't remember the name of the shop but it was someones name. Bill something Yamaha in portland.

• 450_James

Posted December 13, 2004 - 12:28 AM

i live in palm springs and drove out to parker arizona for two reasons. first it is not a california model. second it was 6100 otd, then cali tax and dmv was 500, so i got it 6600 otd. every place in so cal was so out, except berts which wanted 7400 otd. helps to look around!!

I bought mine at Bert's through the internet sales and got a quote of $6299 which turned into around 6900 OTD. That included tax and everything. I didn't have to bargan I just said I was looking around and ready to buy now. I got the last one they had too.

Does the non-cali model not have the exhaust pump thingy on it?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 13, 2004 - 05:38 AM

How do they differ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oouthere

Posted December 13, 2004 - 12:59 PM

Check out
http://www.lacyclesports.com/. Their OTD prices can't be beat. I bought mine there in Nov. It was the most hassle-free transaction I've ever experienced. They get high grades from me. :cry:

Another great place is www.abernathycycles.com . They have the '05 WR450F for $5,699 otd. I bought my '04 from them last Christmas for $5,649 otd.

http://www.abernathy...0&submit=Search

Rich

• mark2025

Posted December 13, 2004 - 01:51 PM

Just hard to imagine a dealership would sell an 05 for $5699 OTD. The cost on those bikes is about $5600, they only get a very limited supply / yr and they are HOT sellers. Just doesn't make any business sense. Unless they are charging $400 in setup or other fees....

Would love to hear from someone that got this deal on an 05, that confirms that OTD means OTD without set up / prep etc....

All the power to you if you can get one for that!

• bottomfeeder2

Posted December 13, 2004 - 04:42 PM

Another great place is www.abernathycycles.com . They have the '05 WR450F for $5,699 otd. I bought my '04 from them last Christmas for $5,649 otd.

http://www.abernathy...0&submit=Search

Rich

That's not their OTD price though. I clicked on your link and scrolled down to the bottom:

*Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.

If it seems too good to be true... :cry:

• Oouthere

Posted December 13, 2004 - 07:42 PM

You want a scan of my invoice from last year?

I was wrong, it was $5,650.00....

Rich

• mark2025

Posted December 13, 2004 - 08:35 PM

You want a scan of my invoice from last year?

I was wrong, it was $5,650.00....

Rich

Rich,

I am not doubting you...just saying I dont see how a dealer can make a living with that kinda deal. Plus 2004 prices dont apply as much...cause the 2005 seems hotter (changes, and Cali green sticker make them more desireable).

Regardless of the price...these bikes ROCK! :cry:

• Oouthere

Posted December 13, 2004 - 08:43 PM

I didn't believe it either until I called. But the internet advertised price is what was paid in full for my bike, no haggling. This is the one deal that is true!

We'll probably be driving there to pick-up my daughter's '05 WR250F this Friday, but nothing firm.

Rich

• thumper_dad

Posted December 14, 2004 - 06:17 AM

04 WR450's are not even the subject matter here.
04 WR450's were on the floor at every dealership across the country last year and the only reason there so popular now is because of the green sticker, if you don't live in Calif. I don't think you have to worry much about that issue.

The new 05 WR450 suggested retail is 5600, plus there gonna get you for setup fee, tax, lic, and a special Calif. land use fee.

The average OTD price for the bike is 6900 - 7200 and yes I have called everyone of the posts in this thread, I just got a quote from lacycles.com for 6900 bucks, thats the best deal I have ran across so far however that did not include shipping which was an additional 350 bucks.

Here is whats on the bottom of the page at Abernathys Cycles *Price, if shown,($5399) does not include government fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). Final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.* and THEY DONT SHIP :cry:

I bought my 04 YZF450 for 5,050 OTD from a dealer where I purchase all my bikes. thats a screaming deal and I would doubt anyone has got a better price than that.

This thread changed from a ride report to a who can get the best deal, Like I said before, I'm not hurtin for money so 2 or 3 hundred bucks ain't worth driving more than 100 miles.

One final note: I will pay cash for my bike and if anyone of you bargin hunters is financing part of this bike then your great deal just went out the window. :cry:
Thanks again for all the help guys.

Rich

• timcook

Posted December 14, 2004 - 08:35 AM

Did you called Honda East of Toledo?

• Oouthere

Posted December 14, 2004 - 08:46 AM

The 0-down, 0-interest, 0-payments for 12 months requires sales tax from your state, but no sales tax if you pay cash.

If the '04 was so available, how come I called every dealer within 200 miles and no one had them? Then, two months after I had been riding mine, I got a call telling me it just hit the showroom floor two hours away? I never saw one at any of our local Yamaha dealers.

And yes there is a better deal on the '04 YZF450, they had it $4,599. Also they had a leftover '03 YZ125 for $2,899. Saying they can't sale them this cheap is like saying Wal-mart doesn't exist.

You obviously didn't call Abernathy's because I just put a deposit down with Clay for my daughter's bike. The otd for the '05 WR250F is just like the ad reads, $5,099.

Last post for me and I"ll bet my daughter enjoys her WR!

Rich

• 450_James

Posted December 14, 2004 - 09:51 AM

Whew! Just got back from a ride. You guys still beating this dead horse?? :cry:

Type less, ride more. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.