Baja Baffles

5 replies to this topic
  • HarveyMushman

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I'm in the process of setting up my new 05 WR450. I am looking at inserts for the stock muffler. Has anyone had experience with Baja Designs baffles. They claim to enhance flow while maintaining the 96db level.

H. Mushman

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:52 PM

I preferred the Baja insert on the stock pipe and it works as good as the GYTR insert ( I had both) but it is slighlty louder. most likely about 96 db where the GYTR was more like 94 db IMO.

• RichBaker

Posted December 06, 2004 - 12:05 PM

Quiet Products( makes what I feel is the best insert going...flows freely and keeps the noise down. I like mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HarveyMushman

Posted December 06, 2004 - 12:33 PM

I should call them to see if they have one for the 05 WR450. The muffler has changed from past models.

• Jackazz

Posted December 06, 2004 - 01:40 PM

Interesting, without seeing a quietiscool insert in person, what I'm getting is it's simply a turned down open pipe. I would think all that it does is effectively "cheat" the sound test by directing the exhaust doise downward, where it's not picked up as badly by the sound tests (something about a given distance at a given angle?). Whatever works I suppose... :cry:

BTW, Harvery, I dig your log-in name :cry: I almost used that as my log-in, I was actually quite suprised that it took so long for someone to use it.

RIP S. McQ. :cry:

• RichBaker

Posted December 06, 2004 - 03:13 PM

Yep, Jackazz, that's pretty much what it is. Slightly smaller than the muffler outlet, there's 2 steel rings, one with a threaded hole for the bolt, and that's it..... :cry:
We don't have a sound test law here in AZ, and I haven't been to a race that checks sound yet, so I don't know what I'm making(dB-wise), nut someone else on here says it is 96dB legal. :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.