centerstand for Honda XR650L ??

32 replies to this topic
  • rokklym

Posted January 17, 2005 - 06:03 PM

yup, I just got the identical message from Janine today ... it's nice to know some companies actually read their mail, and respond to customers ... it gave me a good opinion of Dual Star ...

Yep, Dual Star & Aerostitch are two companies that seem to care what the customers ask. Thats nice to see.

• ShooterDave

Posted October 29, 2009 - 08:19 PM

Fear not my fellow riders. For I AM going to be making a center stand for my XR650L in the coming months. Still learning to weld as of right now, but as soon as i get good ill make one and post pics and instructions on how to do it.
-dave

• IMNXNYR

Posted October 30, 2009 - 02:42 AM

I followed your link to the "QuickJack" ... let us know what you think of it, after you try it ... looks usable in the picture, I just wonder how stable it would be on a Big Pig with one wheel off ... thx for the tip

Same principle I use with the wood 1 x 3 board. Although it looks shaky it is very stable. Based on a 3 point suspension. Others have used the bottom half of an adjustable crutch to achieve the same thing. I like the crutch idea because I have 3 different bikes all with different ground clearances.
Link to the board lift picture.
http://i285.photobuc...58/3a86f246.jpg

• pwrpapa

Posted October 30, 2009 - 05:24 AM

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=293866

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 30, 2009 - 07:26 AM

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=293866

If you didn't steer them there, I would have.

That one has the *least* loss of ground clearance I've seen so far. A hard-core off-roader could add some little skids tapering into the mounts so they don't catch.

Dave

• clc3251

Posted October 30, 2009 - 07:27 AM

CigarMike is working on these now. Last I heard from him they should be out in November. He has test units out now and has not had any problems. His are bolt on with no welding to your frame.

http://www.cigarmike...m/products.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • honda dan

Posted November 01, 2009 - 02:41 AM

Wow, That centerstand look's sweet from Cigarmikes :smirk:

• clc3251

Posted January 07, 2010 - 07:53 PM

A late X-mas present for me and my BWP!
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Cigar Mike

Posted January 08, 2010 - 08:51 AM

A late X-mas present for me and my BWP!
Posted Image
Posted Image

From that picture it looks like I forgot to close the connection where the upper spring connection is. You need to check that and close it if it is open. Two crescent wrenches working opposite each other should do the trick. It will be easier if you remove the spring from the lower connection and take the tension off.

Sorry about that.:moon:

Cigar Mike

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 08, 2010 - 09:23 AM

From that picture it looks like I forgot to close the connection where the upper spring connection is. You need to check that and close it if it is open. Two crescent wrenches working opposite each other should do the trick. It will be easier if you remove the spring from the lower connection and take the tension off.

Sorry about that.:moon:

Cigar Mike

I think you've hit on a new quality control mechanism... :cheers:

Dave

• Cigar Mike

Posted January 08, 2010 - 10:40 AM

I think you've hit on a new quality control mechanism... :moon:

Dave

I hate when that happens. I will definitely add it to the check list.

Cigar Mike

• clc3251

Posted January 09, 2010 - 09:28 AM

Closed the washer up no problem. Did you have any clearance problems with the bolt on the right side that holds the bottom of the spring? It is right under my swingarm and looks like it may hit if you get airborne and the swingarm drops.

• Cigar Mike

Posted January 09, 2010 - 11:58 AM

Closed the washer up no problem. Did you have any clearance problems with the bolt on the right side that holds the bottom of the spring? It is right under my swingarm and looks like it may hit if you get airborne and the swingarm drops.

PM sent.

Cigar Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.