centerstand for Honda XR650L ??

32 replies to this topic
  • roadcam

Posted December 05, 2004 - 10:51 AM

I need a centerstand kit for my 650L, anybody know of one ? ... only thing I could find was the "DUALSTAR" centerstand, which looked great, BUT... they dont make one for the 650L ... anybody know of others out there ?? ... thanks in advance

• rokklym

Posted January 01, 2005 - 09:44 AM

BUMP!

I was wondering the same thing. I ride alone quite a bit and it would be a pain to try to change a flat alone without a centerstand.

• roadcam

Posted January 01, 2005 - 10:03 AM

I sent DUALSTAR an e-mail, pointing out the huge popularity of big Honda XRs, and they replied they would look into it, to see if a centerstand for us would be practical, engineering-wise ... ( $$$ )

• rokklym

Posted January 01, 2005 - 12:17 PM

I emailed them to, right before looking at your reply. I don't see why they wouldn't make one, it says they are working on other models and the XRL is one of the most popular DS bikes.

• Winter_Hawk

Posted January 06, 2005 - 12:55 PM

Any more news? I'm in the same boat as you guys.

I am beginning my prep for a ride on the Trans-Am Trail from OK to OR in June and would hate to not have a center stand for tire change, loaded bike stability AND piece of mind...

B

• rokklym

Posted January 06, 2005 - 05:16 PM

Any more news? I'm in the same boat as you guys.

I am beginning my prep for a ride on the Trans-Am Trail from OK to OR in June and would hate to not have a center stand for tire change, loaded bike stability AND piece of mind...

B

I just got an email back yesterday from Dual Star. Here is what I asked, and what they said.

Do you know if any of your center stand kits are adaptable to a Honda XR650L?
Me and a few others were looking for one for the XR

"We currently do not have one for the XR650L. If there is enough interest perhaps in the future."

Well, I guess they don't look at this webiste much. I can't belive there is that much more of demand for the DR650, which they make one for. I'd suggest that everyone that would like on should email them and tell them you would like to see one for the XR's
dualsport@dual-star.com

• roadcam

Posted January 06, 2005 - 05:47 PM

yup, thats the exact same message I received from them, too ... maybe I should invent one, and sell it .... nahhh, too lazy... :cry:

• rokklym

Posted January 06, 2005 - 08:07 PM

maybe I should invent one, and sell it .... nahhh, too lazy...

Me too! Thats exactly what I thought!

• Winter_Hawk

Posted January 07, 2005 - 03:15 PM

Well, I guess they don't look at this webiste much. I can't belive there is that much more of demand for the DR650, which they make one for. I'd suggest that everyone that would like on should email them and tell them you would like to see one for the XR's
dualsport@dual-star.com

Done. Thanks for the update. I asked them what they would need in terms of numbers of orders to start a little R&D on adapting another stand to the L. Couldn't a DR stand be slighlty shortened and welded to a plate drilled with a pattern to match suitable L mounting ponts?

It sure isn't rocket science. I'd be into trying a little fabbing if I had some space around here- I live in a townhouse with a closet for a garage :cry: Anybody else feel like trying something? I'm sure more than one of us would buy something if someone figured it out.

B

• rokklym

Posted January 07, 2005 - 04:17 PM

Couldn't a DR stand be slighlty shortened and welded to a plate drilled with a pattern to match suitable L mounting ponts?

A couple things. If anything, the rack would have to be lengthened because the DR650 has a 10.4" ground clearance and the XRL has a 13" ground clearance. Another thing is that it would be kinda crazy to start modifying a stand that already cost $159.95
I wish I had the time to build a centerstand, but I don't.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Winter_Hawk

Posted January 08, 2005 - 03:55 PM

A couple things. If anything, the rack would have to be lengthened because the DR650 has a 10.4" ground clearance and the XRL has a 13" ground clearance. Another thing is that it would be kinda crazy to start modifying a stand that already cost $159.95
I wish I had the time to build a centerstand, but I don't.

Very good point! :cry:

Damn, prices really blow my mind sometimes. I wish I had more money!

• rokklym

Posted January 08, 2005 - 07:02 PM

Very good point! :cry:

Damn, prices really blow my mind sometimes. I wish I had more money!

On a positive side, If Dual Star ever makes on for the XRL's they will be pretty nice and worth the money. The close ups of the one for the KLR look like its a real nice product.

• roadcam

Posted January 08, 2005 - 07:36 PM

dont know how much good it will do, but I sent a link to this forum discussion to Dual Star, with a reminder there's probably more than 500 HondaXR650L bikes sold for every single Suzuki DR650 ... hopefully, they'll get their designer on it soon ...

• rokklym

Posted January 08, 2005 - 10:55 PM

I'm sure its someone related to this site but they are discussing the same thing on the Adventure Rider website..Heres the link
http://www.advrider....ead.php?t=64818
How can they not want to make one for us?

• rokklym

Posted January 14, 2005 - 06:08 PM

http://www.motionpro...499fa87588462bc

Motion Pro makes a Quick jack that works with your sidestand. I'm going to pick one up and see how it works. Check out the link

• roadcam

Posted January 15, 2005 - 11:42 AM

I followed your link to the "QuickJack" ... let us know what you think of it, after you try it ... looks usable in the picture, I just wonder how stable it would be on a Big Pig with one wheel off ... thx for the tip

• rokklym

Posted January 15, 2005 - 08:09 PM

I ordered one from my local dealer today, they had it in the Parts Unlimited catalog I think. I'm sure its not the best thing in the world but if it gets the job done, then I'll be happy. It might help propping up the bike next to a tree or something to help the stability.
I'll give a report once I get it.

• Winter_Hawk

Posted January 17, 2005 - 01:11 PM

Just received from Dual Star:

Brian-
It is something that we are considering doing. I have currently been
compiling a list of people interested in ordering one; however we would need
a significant response to do so.

Thank you,
Janine

That's some progress. She is making a list, so keep emailing. Anybody who is interested should definitely email Dual Star to express interest.

Email Dual Star here attn: Janine

-B

• Pengaleng

Posted January 17, 2005 - 01:31 PM

my response was...

"we'll let you know".

• roadcam

Posted January 17, 2005 - 04:48 PM

yup, I just got the identical message from Janine today ... it's nice to know some companies actually read their mail, and respond to customers ... it gave me a good opinion of Dual Star ...

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.