ordered the Supertrapp IDS2 exhaust

2 replies to this topic
  • roadcam

Posted December 05, 2004 - 10:02 AM

I just ordered the Supertrapp IDS2 exhaust for my XR650L ( catalog lists it as XR600, but I was told it fits both ) ... I have all the standard uncorking mods already done, and a few extra jets to play with, but am curious as to how many discs I should run to keep her on the quiet side, and still have some power gain ... any suggestions as to where to start ? ...( geared 14/45 right now ) ... thanks in advance ....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cheff

Posted December 06, 2004 - 07:02 AM

I have 9 disks on mine and it still idles under 95db. I tried 7 disks but it was running to rich, and it felt boggy at high speed. Also my temps drastically dropped when I put the Suppertrap on.

• roadcam

Posted December 06, 2004 - 09:37 AM

I never even gave a thought as to the engine temperature dropping ... that comes as good news, a bonus I never expected ... justifies my expenditure, thanks ...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.