Should we bring em over?

22 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 19, 2001 - 08:10 PM

What do you guys think about combining the WR250 w/ the 400/426 forum? Seems to make sense to me. Thoughts?

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 19, 2001 - 08:14 PM

I know the YZ250 forum has some hothead, hockey players in it. My opinion: Let them stay there. If adult conversation is needed, WR400/426 forum is available.

No offense to the good guys.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 19, 2001 - 08:19 PM

Outside of the people, do you think there is enough commonalities between the two groups in terms of the bike, riding, etc?

• Taffy

Posted July 19, 2001 - 09:27 PM

send 'em back to sicily

• Tree_hugger

Posted July 19, 2001 - 09:48 PM

Would somebody please explain what is adult about that last post?

• Michael

Posted July 19, 2001 - 10:13 PM

English humor is an acquired "adult" taste. Some find it bitter at first, but the mature individual grows to appriciate it (somewhat).

• John_H

Posted July 19, 2001 - 10:26 PM

good place to put this post. Sitting out in garage thinkin about how many times I've hit my shins on the footpegs moving the bike here and there. I read most of the posts anyway, so....... New folks gotta learn.

• z4me

Posted July 20, 2001 - 01:50 AM

I think they're all a bunch of lightweights over there :)

Posted July 20, 2001 - 02:51 AM

when they get a "mans" bike they can come to the "mans" page. :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 20, 2001 - 06:54 AM

Originally posted by NH Kevin:
I know the YZ250 forum has some hothead, hockey players in it. My opinion: Let them stay there. If adult conversation is needed, WR400/426 forum is available.

No offense to the good guys.

You guys are waaaayyyy to quick to get on Kevin's bandwagon! I said DUB R TWO FIDDY, NOT WHY ZEE TWO FIDDY! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sfc_crash

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:18 AM

when they get a "mans" bike they can come to the "mans" ya have to able to ride that mans bike too? cause if so,would somebody please point me towards the pw50 forum! ha! i crack me up. '01 wr426,but rides like a little girl.

• wrooster

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:42 AM

ooops, i was looking for the "larger butts need larger engines" self-help group-- i don't know how i ended up here. sorry 'bout that.

the wrooster

a :) in case you missed the sarcasm...

besides, out here in the east if you have the 250cc mill under you it doesn't bung up the tree as much compared to bikes with heavier engines. "you people" who ride without fear out in the open need to get your big bikes thru some unyielding lumber once in a while-- it keeps your reflexes sharp plus continually reshapes your radiator guards, thus keeping the aftermarket parts industry alive, thereby employing others, which helps the economy. see, you *can* contribute to society, even though you have large engines. :D

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:48 AM

My Dub R 400 sees nothing but tight woods here in the Pacific NW. I sort of miss my XR 250 but I've found in a short time that I can carve single track even better on the 400. I still don't understand why those in the east still think the west has no wooded single track? Remember, So. Cal is not the entire west. I'd love to have my 400 and wr 250 just to mix it up a bit. I suppose you guys out there won't ride with anyone who doensn't have the same bike?

[This message has been edited by Boschk (edited 07-20-2001).]

• wrooster

Posted July 20, 2001 - 08:03 AM

naah, i was just poking fun. i know you guys have trees out there, where else would georgia-pacific get the lumber for all the new houses out here?

as for riding with "like" bikes, that just sucks. if you can't keep up with someone on the same model bike, everybody knows who the faster rider is. but if everybody's got different bikes, you can always blame your horse for your lack of speed, explaining that you've currently got it set up for water crossings :)

my brother-in-law is an A-class enduro rider, he has this '97 KDX200 which has about 100+ races on it and looks like it should be junked. of course he's got custom-tuned suspenders on it, and some aftermarket engine internals, but there's a crapload of stuff that is one endo short of breaking off. but i can't keep him in sight on the trail, i mean not even close. at the end of the day i just tell him his suspension and engine are more broken in than my new 250F's. but what will i say next summer? :D

the wrooster

• Tree_hugger

Posted July 20, 2001 - 08:31 AM

I have been around a lot of MX tracks and seen a lot of racing. I have seen CR500's get passed by YZ80's with equal riders on both of them. On a horse power track, the CR500's rule. On a tight technical track, the small motors rule.
Can anybody argue that point?

Posted July 20, 2001 - 08:35 AM

wrooster, i live here in the nw corner of pa. (mountains and hardwoods) and i have found that with the bigger faster heavier bike i can usually scare the trees into moving out of my way. the ones that won't move i usually leave a good scar on them to teach them a lesson. :)

• Bill

Posted July 20, 2001 - 09:13 PM

Hey Wrooster,

OK, I'll play!

I think your boys are skeered of the men :)

cant come to a gunfight with a BB gun :D

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• scottannand

Posted July 20, 2001 - 09:30 PM

Not that I'm scared of change,(or a small bore bike) but it sure is nice not to have to sort through post's that are not directly related to the WR/400/426.
I vote to keep it 400 and above....

• sfc_crash

Posted July 20, 2001 - 11:08 AM

shhhhh...don't tell,but i've got an 87 kdx200 that i sometimes wreck,er..i mean ride,instead of the 426! yikes......"believe me! i DID see the tree!"

• wrooster

Posted July 20, 2001 - 12:49 PM

hey bill,

check out http://www.thumperta...TML/000882.html

i see an awful lot of big bore hardware behind that little blue 250F. pretty sad. maybe you guys who tow your overnight campers behind your 426F's should unhook the trailer *before* you go racin'... :)

the wrooster
on a wr.lite, the quarter-liter kind.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.