HUGE Acerbis LR Tank!

6 replies to this topic
  • hxr400

Posted December 04, 2004 - 11:16 PM

This would have to be the biggest long range fuel tank I have ever seen!

Its made by Acerbis to fit the XR650.

I wonder how many litres that thing is! Probly about 50! (13 gallons)

Notice to dual filler caps? It must be to tanks, the long one under the seat and up the back, and the big one up the front!

HUGE! :cry:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

• HeadTrauma

Posted December 05, 2004 - 12:11 AM

I bet a 500lb BRP is fun to ride....

The gas probably gets crazy hot with the radiator air going through the tank.

• wardo

Posted December 05, 2004 - 05:15 AM

These have been around for awhile, they are the setup that Irondude is using for his Dakar effort. You can use the gas tank alone, I've been told that for prerunning remote areas it is just the ticket. I'd hate to have to pick up a Dakar bike with these tanks after a spill, lets see... 78 pounds of fuel, nav gear, etc, all up high on the bike. Fortunately Irondude is aptly named, he is strong! I'd need a crane. Here's a link to ID's webpage: http://www.kay-offroad.com/ .

Regards,
Wardo

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Misfit

Posted December 05, 2004 - 05:54 AM

Wow!! I bet that would add up to a 100lbs of fuel to the brp at least. Jeez why would you need that much? :cry:

• Naru

Posted December 05, 2004 - 04:23 PM

I just got two of those tanks (the tank itself, not the underseat kit) for each of my BRPs a few months ago. For the average rider, they are overkill and even a hazard (a rock can potentially puncture the tank in the shroud area). However, I use my BRP's for dual-sporting, and having 6 Gallons of gas is very nice (the Clarke tank worked OK, but still a bit small).

• maxvert

Posted December 05, 2004 - 08:32 PM

I just got two of those tanks (the tank itself, not the underseat kit) for each of my BRPs a few months ago. For the average rider, they are overkill and even a hazard (a rock can potentially puncture the tank in the shroud area). However, I use my BRP's for dual-sporting, and having 6 Gallons of gas is very nice (the Clarke tank worked OK, but still a bit small).

This is just what i was looking for, where did you buy the tank and how
long did it take to get it.

thanks MAX

• wardo

Posted December 06, 2004 - 04:17 AM

Max,
I took a quick look and the tank is available from Chapparral for $198. The part number is 257-1615-46, the seat tank is $296, part number 257-1617-46 with which you'd need to buy the Acerbis seat for $180, part number 257-6765-05.

Regards,
Wardo

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.