Baja owned by bikes.

10 replies to this topic
  • blireef

Posted December 04, 2004 - 07:20 PM

Well maybe if the trucks would have had that extra three hours of daylight it wouldn't even be close. Lots of fun being on the finish line and rubbing elbows with the really fast guys.. Baja4fools thanks for the tire and congratulations. Indy, things are looking good for this Spring, knees are going to get well. Big Jim :cry: :cry:

• DieselsRcool

Posted December 04, 2004 - 08:41 PM

Cool Jim!

So I'm assuming you are down there now. Where did you watch from?

Looking forward to meeting you in Feb and doing some rides.
Larry

• blireef

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:52 AM

We went to the finish line in Lapaz this year and I must say it was pretty cool. We'll probably go back out on the course next time but you really can't see much out there except a bunch of guys going much faster than they should be and making it look easy. Jim

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:42 PM

Well maybe if the trucks would have had that extra three hours of daylight it wouldn't even be close. Lots of fun being on the finish line and rubbing elbows with the really fast guys.. Baja4fools thanks for the tire and congratulations. Indy, things are looking good for this Spring, knees are going to get well. Big Jim :cry: :cry:

Glad to see you are recovering well! Hope you are back riding soon.
Speaking with BrandonW and his group of 4 or 5 guys we may only end up doing 7 days of riding a loop in the nothern half of the Baja. March 19th thru 26th are dates we have picked. I got your suggested LizardLady.com package with the GPS trail maps and GPS software to upload the maps of the nothern baja recommended routes. You may have to come up from La Paz and ride with us for a couple of days in the center of the peninsula. I doubt we can make it to La Paz and back in 7 days but I dont know what the group is going to decide on. :cry:

Hey Blireef! I cant PM you for info I lost during the TT forum upgrade you need to update your profile to allow PM's. :cry:

• blireef

Posted December 05, 2004 - 07:41 PM

I can't figure out how to edit my home and sign in stuff. I see you don't have a picture anymore.. Sorry to hear your not coming all the way down, we might be able to come up for a couple of days.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 08:55 PM

The actual ride route is not firmed up yet but I will let you know where we end up riding. Who knows what we might end up doing if we skip some easy sections? :cry:

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted December 07, 2004 - 09:44 AM

Lots of fun being on the finish line and rubbing elbows with the really fast guys.. Baja4fools thanks for the tire and congratulations.

Who's "baja4fools"?

Tim the 1200 rider

• blireef

Posted December 07, 2004 - 10:40 AM

You know, that's a good question and I'm not really sure there is a baja4fools but I thought that was the TTname for one of the riders we talked to. I probaby have the handle wrong but I think he was a co-rider on the BMW with Jimmy Lewis.. What a machine the BMW was, the riders didn't seem to need the last 1/4 of the throttle. I'm feeling a little sheepish right now for not being sure of the name so please identify yourself correctly if you were the one talking to the big bald guy that bought the tire from you guys. Big Jim :cry: :cry:
How did I get baja4fools out of bajaboundmoto?????

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 07, 2004 - 11:22 AM

Sound like a hell of a good guy! I would have loved to ride that BMW! :cry:

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted December 07, 2004 - 09:00 PM

I thought that was the TTname for one of the riders we talked to. I probaby have the handle wrong but I think he was a co-rider on the BMW with Jimmy Lewis.. What a machine the BMW was,,,,please identify yourself correctly if you were the one talking to the big bald guy

That was me, Tim, who finished on that big BMW. That bike was awesome to ride!

And Jim, I'll be in LP on Dec. 20 if you happen to need anything we can haul it for ya. (arriving on bikes late on 20th, drinking too much, maybe Lord Blacks, leaving early AM 21st in trucks back north)

Lemme know.

Tim Morton

• blireef

Posted December 07, 2004 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the offer but we have everything we need down here right now. Is this a pleasure ride you're on? Jim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.