Still have trouble with the rear brake.....

3 replies to this topic
  • BC3

Posted December 04, 2004 - 03:07 PM

I have ridden my bike for a good year now and the Tech 6 boots are broken in
I would think for sure by now.....but I still have trouble feeling the rear brake
especially on tricky downhills.....loose dirt or slippery mud.....Does anyone else suffer from this problem, because for sure it is a problem.....I have ridden with my
old school 8in lace boots (worn for short track) and I can use the rear brake fine
I just wonder if different MC boots are better for that brake feel?

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 04, 2004 - 10:46 PM

BC, I have the same problem with my Fox Forma Pro's. It seems that one minute i'm wondering whether i'm using enough pressure on the rear brake, the next minute the rear wheel's locked. :cry: As you say, particularly noticeable on snotty downhills. My old Tech 3's had heaps more feel.....maybe I just don't like change.....BTW my Forma's are about as broken in as they're gonna get.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BC3

Posted December 05, 2004 - 10:01 AM

Really sucks Chris, I paid more for these boots than I did for the whole
Tux and shoes for my wedding :cry: Sometimes I wonder if they really
think about NEW DESIGN?

BC :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 05:44 PM

Exactly the same thing happened to me a few months ago. I ride every weekend and have 2 pairs of active boots. I have long used SIDI boots. I got back from Moab and needed a new pair to replace one pair. I tried the Fox Forma Pro at the dealer and really liked the feel at the store. I got out trail riding with them one weekend and I could not control the rear brake! I spent good money on these things and all I can say is Fox must not test there boots like others. I thru them out after the next weekend! I thought it was me and that I needed to learn to adjust to them. These boots make you feel like your nerves in your brake foot have been severed! I was either locked up or not braking and I found myself draggin rear brake with them all the time! I feel for your evaluation! Fox Forma Pro is garbage! Got a new pair of Sidi SRS Force the weekend after. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.