Need more power

5 replies to this topic
  • kennethyfz450

Posted December 03, 2004 - 04:16 PM

:cry: Unlike you guys I have a yfz450. I know it is a little bit slower than the bikes, and i want to change that! I would have bought the bike, but when all your friends ride 4 wheelers its hard to buy a dirtbike.(cant learn from each other mistakes)

anyhow i heard to gain a little more ponies i can install the wr crank in the yfz with no trouble for 380.00 (includes everything ,piston,rings,crank,blah)

then i will be a true 450, but why spend the money to update to a true 450??

I was wondering what kind of options you wr owners have updating the performance of the bike, and whats proven to be the most gain..
(what i want to do is install a wr crank kit in my yfz and maybe bore it out a couple of mm's..

i know you all have a yfzthread,but not many users, and you wr guys been awhile for a little longer..

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 03, 2004 - 04:45 PM

Talk to Max Power Inc:

web link: http://www.maxpower-...v-bb-yamaha.htm

They have specific kits for YFZ450s

The 480 stage III kit with gain you 7 HP up top and more power everywhere.

TT member DadDogRider has a special 508 kit he has helped develop with a longer stroke and you can get it there as well for a 12 hp gain and loads of torque.

I am going to be doing the 480 kit to my WR450 when I rebuild my engine for more bottom end grunt. (stock cams lower compression)

This is the better way to go than using WR parts.

Good luck! :cry:

• kennethyfz450

Posted December 03, 2004 - 06:13 PM

Yeah i have researched a lot about the 480 kit from maxpower at yfzcentral.com...

max power 480 kit includes stock yfz parts, but i was wanting to convert to the wr setup to boost up in cc's... that way i can run a wr crank with a 2mm over bore to get a 470... :cry: I dont really want to go huge with the bore.. its more of a hill climbing bike, and i abuse it.

i know the wr have been out a whole lot longer than the yfz so i was hoping you all had some kind of special information about the motors that could improve my quads performance...

i have a pipe
cam mod (yz timing)
ron woods intake
-4 trail tech flywheel

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kennethyfz450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 11:09 AM

I think its funny how things turn out..

people with yz450 want to smooth out the horspower
people with yfz450 want that raw untamed horsepower

its a shame the the yfz doesnt have the same kickback as the 2 wheel version...

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:18 PM

Does the YZF have a single overhead cam compared to the WR/YZ450's ?

• kennethyfz450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:36 PM

its dual just like the wr and yz cams

i had my timing set up for yz specs

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.