Engine Seazed

3 replies to this topic
  • Wheelie

Posted July 18, 2001 - 08:46 AM

**** guys, I was going down the road and my bike felt a bit under-powerd I pulled in the clutch and gave it full throttle, It didnt rev very high and there was no limiter :), then on it was locking the back wheel and came to an abrupt holt :D, where should I go from here guys? :D

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tom Ireland

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 18, 2001 - 09:35 PM

Try and remove the cylinder, then go on from there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Jason

Posted July 18, 2001 - 09:43 PM

I would try to put it in nutral and then see if you can kick it through the stroke. This should determine if it was a tranny failure or motor seeze! It sounds like the motor seezed. Either way it looks like your gonna be pulling the cylinder off unless maybe it was a fule problem. If the bike starved for fuel and stalled with the clutch in, it is very unlikley it would bump start with out the decomp lever being tapped. Maybe it just ran dry???

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 18, 2001 - 10:40 AM

Same thing happened to me in May. This post tells all about it: http://www.thumperta...TML/004250.html What I didn't add to the post was an additional $500 in parts that the dealer replaced: crankcases, oil pump, and bearings. The oil pump ate itself up with all those metal fragments floating around and it ruined the crankcases.

I hope you have better luck than me!

[This message has been edited by Rich in Orlando (edited 07-18-2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.