Quick Stand question

6 replies to this topic
  • InChanWeTrust

Posted December 03, 2004 - 02:32 PM

Looking for a lift stand that gets both tires of the ground. Anybody know how many inches this requires? I'm looking for something to use on the trailhead and my garage.
Thanks,
Chan

• InChanWeTrust

Posted December 03, 2004 - 02:34 PM

I was looking at these. Not sure if it matters, but I'm running a White Bros skid plate.\
http://www.rockymoun...tv?pid=00060576
and
http://www.rockymoun...tv?pid=00038090

• Roll_it_on

Posted December 03, 2004 - 02:42 PM

I would go with the tusk model aluminum stand. That looks like a great price too. That is what I use for my 650R and it works great. If you get it on the stand just right it will support the bike with both tires slightly off the ground. It will hold either the front or the back off the ground by several inches depending on if you move the stand more forward or back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BRP27

Posted December 03, 2004 - 04:29 PM

Consider this one it has two posts to hold the bike up so it is more stable

http://store.bobscyc...fm/4,52587.html

• big t

Posted December 03, 2004 - 08:53 PM

I use the MSR bike crate and have a motorcycle lift from Sams Club. Paid $20 for the crate and $90 for the lift.

• 600ish

Posted December 05, 2004 - 07:43 PM

I use the 2 post stand from Bob's Cycle Supply and i've been very happy with it. I leave the bike up on the stand all week just to make it easier to work on and get to the left side of my 600. It's very stable and lifts the bike just enough to get both wheels off the ground.

• malevolent73

Posted December 06, 2004 - 06:33 PM

Chan... I have an aluminium one like in the pic... It works good, and it does lift the bike, but it does seem the bend a little bit after a while, so it teeters back and fourth on the legs a bit... kinda makes me wish that I had bought a steel stand!!!! BTW how is Maybrook? Do you like it?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.