Help with a magura clutch

6 replies to this topic
  • Brettv

Posted December 02, 2004 - 07:52 PM

G'day everyone, i bought a magura clutch off ebay, it dosnt have instuctions with it, so im wondering how to install it, ive got a wr 400 99. ive bolted it on and seem to be able to route the cable right. but bot sure how to mount the slave cylinder, also it seems to be leaking oil, when i pump the lever oil comes out of the slave where the pull rod exits.
so, does anyone know how to bleed it or where i can order parts? or even how to mount the slave??

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:13 PM

You need a new slave cylinder if it is leaking at the rod. you can buy this from any Parts unlimited dealer for $60.00. Call Magura USA and they can help you get the mounting instructions for your model. The mounting differs from year to year and model to model. Magura USA 1-800-448-3876 and ask for the tech support motorcycle clutch department. :cry:

• obermeyer

Posted December 03, 2004 - 05:34 PM

When you call tech support ask for Lonnie, he can get you fixed up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brettv

Posted December 03, 2004 - 11:03 PM

no worries thanks for the info
:cry:

• Alabama_Rider

Posted December 05, 2004 - 12:20 PM

Is anyone using the Magura on the WR450? comments?

• launchzone

Posted December 05, 2004 - 05:13 PM

I ride a 2003 Wr 450 converted to supermoto (street only) and love that Magura unit. Best upgrade :cry: . Should be great for all off road stuff.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:07 PM

Is anyone using the Magura on the WR450? comments?

Hey Alabama Rider good to see you back posting. :cry: I have had the Magura Jack Clutch on my bike for a year and a half now. I love it. I love it. :cry: Smooooooth! :cry: The slave cylinder graphite bushing will wear out after a year of riding every weekend. $60.00 to replace the slave cylinder. Overall get the SS braided hydraulic line kit. The stock plastic one lasted about a month on mine. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.