Loose Spokes

5 replies to this topic
  • SlowJoe400

Posted December 02, 2004 - 05:00 PM

Hey. The majority of my spokes are very loose. Can I just tighten the spokes until they are all snug and adjust so the rim is straight? All help is greatly appreciated I am a new member and this is my first thread. Thanks a lot. -Joe

Posted December 02, 2004 - 05:31 PM

Tighten evey third spoke a quater turn starting at the rim lock, and go around the rim a couple times or so until they get tight
Hope this helps

• SlowJoe400

Posted December 02, 2004 - 06:28 PM

Awesome. I will try that. Thanks for the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BC3

Posted December 04, 2004 - 01:42 PM

Just remember, as your facing the wheel(from the back) spokes on your left move the
wheel (rim) in that direction...same with the right ones....turn you wheel after tightening the spokes and (eyeball its RUN-OUT) if the wheel (rim) moves one way or the other out of TRUE.....compensate with the other side SPOKE.....maybe even loosen some on the side the wheel (rim) moves toward.....good luck

• SlowJoe400

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the help. My rim seems pretty straight.

• mikev7

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:42 PM

I need to do my spokes too.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.