help anyone??

3 replies to this topic
  • bluerider450

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:17 AM

bike will not start after being washed?

• grayracer513

Posted December 02, 2004 - 09:11 AM

Check for water in/on the contacts of the various connectors in the electrical system, and possibly around the spark plug. Be sure the spark plug well drain hole (the little hole on the right side of the head) is open. If none of that helps, you might try draining the float bowl once and trying again. Of course, you could simply have fouled a plug.

What year and model do you have?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thomas_Potter

Posted December 08, 2004 - 11:25 AM

This seems to be a real common theme lately. I don't yet know how to link in another topic, but look for my post - Hard Starting (sometimes) 426. Some good theory's there. I think what makes the most sense to me now is that enough water is collecting around the spark plug down in the plug well that it's shorting to the contact point at the top of the plug wire. I have not done my test to prove this (putting the old plug back in).

Just try removing the plug wire off of it, then blow it really clean and blow more down the plug well (DON'T REMOVE PLUG FOR THIS) and see how much water comes out that little drain hole on the right side of the cylinder. Then try starting again.

Tom

• curtis515s

Posted December 08, 2004 - 09:28 PM

Check your air filter to see how wet it is.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.