2006 Yz450f

64 replies to this topic
  • starttman

Posted December 12, 2004 - 09:01 AM

"What do you think its gonna do.....make you Jeremy McGrath"

thats what the marketing guys are hoping for...people will spend blindly for false hope...

c

• wantmorepower

Posted December 17, 2004 - 10:57 PM

an aluminum framed,5-speed,yz450 would really be the ticket. but until then....i think a fun project to think about,or even try,would be to buy the aluminum 250 frame,front end,swingarm, and all the goodies and try to fit an 04 yz450 motor and trasmission into the frame.i think it would be a real challenge, but if i had the skills, the dinero, and a donor; i'd try it! would you??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elsinoredaze

Posted December 18, 2004 - 07:12 AM

an aluminum framed,5-speed,yz450 would really be the ticket. but until then....i think a fun project to think about,or even try,would be to buy the aluminum 250 frame,front end,swingarm, and all the goodies and try to fit an 04 yz450 motor and trasmission into the frame.i think it would be a real challenge, but if i had the skills, the dinero, and a donor; i'd try it! would you??

Suppose it could work... maybe a camelback for the dry sump...might find the hoses a bit cumbersome but what the hey... worth a try.

• ncmountainman

Posted December 18, 2004 - 07:35 AM

wet sump kit ??? and move a motor mount or two and its very possible! someone else on TT was talking about it :cry:

• washel157

Posted December 18, 2004 - 02:41 PM

They will definatly have the aluminum frame for 06. Trust me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.