Red Alert !!!

15 replies to this topic
  • CraigW

Posted December 02, 2004 - 02:12 AM

No, not Honda, Russians. :cry:

Some scenes from my recent offroad adventure tour with a group of Russian nice guys.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Photos taken on the South African Wild coast and Lesotho/KZN mountain border. Unfortunately, non of the more "technical " part of the rides were photographed. Guess we were all in survival mode :cry:

• 5valve

Posted December 02, 2004 - 02:40 AM

nice
what bikes did red alerts ride?
mighty exhaust hole on the crfx
highest point in my country it 2864 metres, accessible only on foot wit a bit of climbing

• CraigW

Posted December 02, 2004 - 02:55 AM

We have 3 TTR250's, a WR450 and CRF250X.
The TTR is a wonderful bike for the beginner/intermediate rider. These guys all own WR450's back in Moscow, and so initially had their noses out of joint when they saw the TTRs. It wasnt long (once we hit the hill climbs and slippery paths) that they were fighting to ride the little 250s. I suspect a few 450s will be up for sale when they return to Mother Russia, and the WR250s on the dealer floors will be in hot demand.

The tour guides, incl myself were on the new YZ250s (ali frame). I might add, this is a truly awesome bike in the bush, but is for expert riders only. We kept the Russki's off them :cry:

• CraigW

Posted December 02, 2004 - 03:58 AM

By popular demand, some more pics:
http://img.photobuck...ad/DSC00988.jpg

And finally , an illustration of the joys of no side stand when riding in the bush:
http://img.photobuck...ad/DSC00966.jpg

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 02, 2004 - 04:58 AM

We have 3 TTR250's, a WR450 and CRF250X.
The TTR is a wonderful bike for the beginner/intermediate rider. These guys all own WR450's back in Moscow, and so initially had their noses out of joint when they saw the TTRs. It wasnt long (once we hit the hill climbs and slippery paths) that they were fighting to ride the little 250s. I suspect a few 450s will be up for sale when they return to Mother Russia, and the WR250s on the dealer floors will be in hot demand.

The tour guides, incl myself were on the new YZ250s (ali frame). I might add, this is a truly awesome bike in the bush, but is for expert riders only. We kept the Russki's off them :cry:

:cry:

I would not trade my well used WR450 for 2 brand new TTR's ! :cry:
The WR450 is a hill climbing monster! Best bike I have ever owned for nasty steep rocky, loose or slippery climbs. :cry:

• CraigW

Posted December 02, 2004 - 05:12 AM

I would not trade my well used WR450 for 2 brand new TTR's ! :cry:
The WR450 is a hill climbing monster! Best bike I have ever owned for nasty steep rocky, loose or slippery climbs. :cry:

I agree totally, from my own perspective. However, if you are a beginner rider, the WR450 is just too much of a handful on tricky technical terrain - up or down. :cry:

Incidently, at my level, I find the CRF250X is a better climber in nasty, slippery climbs, than the WR450. :cry:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 02, 2004 - 05:18 AM

Nice photos......... :cry: Looks fun........

Posted December 02, 2004 - 06:18 AM

Great pics! I wish I could travel and see the world more. Sure is nice to see all these pics from different area's though........ :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Endurordr

Posted December 02, 2004 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for sharing. Makes me jealous I can't find that kind of riding on the west coast of the USA. Guess I'll just have to travel when I can afford it.

• sndmn2

Posted December 02, 2004 - 07:59 AM

Does look nice. In Michigan your either dodgeing trees or riding whoops.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:17 AM

Hey Sandman, That is why I call the Lower Penninsula "Whoopigan"! :cry:
First place I have ever ridden that has whoops in all the corners as well as the straights! Endless whoops! :cry:
Love riding the UP it has some of the best woods riding in the US! :cry:

• Jackazz

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:19 AM

Cool pics, this is my favorite though...

Posted Image

"Hey look, there's dirtbikes growing in this field... look, that one over there is ripe for the picking!" (one standing up).

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:20 AM

Yeah that is a cool picture! :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted December 02, 2004 - 04:51 PM

http://img.photobuck...ad/DSC00983.jpg

I stared at this picture until I was in at least 5th gear ...

• tl1ks

Posted December 02, 2004 - 07:22 PM

beautiful terrain!!!!!!!!!! wish it woulda been me..

• CraigW

Posted December 02, 2004 - 10:17 PM

http://img.photobuck...ad/DSC00983.jpg

I stared at this picture until I was in at least 5th gear ...

I think I was in 5th gear when I took the pic

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.