04 plastic the same as 05?

4 replies to this topic
  • harider19

Posted December 01, 2004 - 06:49 PM

Does the 05 plastic fit the 04? :cry: They look about the same. Im wondering mostly about the fork guards, just because i dont like the 04 ones. Thanks

• mikedabike

Posted December 01, 2004 - 07:16 PM

I think everything is the same except the forkguards. They switched to the Honda style brake routing and guards for 05.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scooter426

Posted December 01, 2004 - 09:11 PM

05 fork guards definitely do not fit the 04. make you own honda routing guard, it is pretty easy with a rivet tool and a small alum bracket. cut off the plastic protrusions at the top and rivet your bracket over the holes. use the spare clamp from the base of the fork to hold your honda routing line at the top of the guard. I am sure someone has pics somewhere on this web page. it is a $5 dollar job at most. mine has worked great for many years.

• smokin529

Posted December 01, 2004 - 09:23 PM

Does running a CR line make that big of a difference? I think the front brakes work pretty darn good on my '04 450 stock.

• Satch0922

Posted December 02, 2004 - 06:49 AM

I have ran the CR routed line for over 2 years on my 426. When I ride a 426 or 450 without it they seem a little softer.

The 05 that I rode however had excellent brakes. :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.