Considering WR 450, need input.

No replies to this topic
  • wardo

Posted December 01, 2004 - 04:56 PM

As of today I am officially in the market for a new bike. I sold both my modded XR 650 R and CRF 250 R. I am going to try to consolidate into one bike and have narrowed it down to either a KTM 450/525 or Yamaha WR 450. I will use the bike primarily for quick paced trail rides on more open trails, and training for desert races (in which I'll be riding a co-owned XR 650 R). I like a bike that has plenty of reliable snappy boost, great suspension, long legs and handles well (hey this is starting to sound like a personal ad...).

-Beyond the free mods, what do you experienced guys recommend? What's your dream bike setup?
-Who does the best suspension work for the dez?
-Who is running a 20" front wheel (besides Ty Davis)? What tires are available?
-What do you think of the various over-bore kits? How big is too big?
-Finally, what sort of top speeds have you GPS verified, what mods did you have and what gearing were you using?

Since I am going from 2 to one bike, my budget is pretty good, so fire away!
Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Wardo

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.