03 WR450 Flywheel

4 replies to this topic
  • bakerd

Posted December 01, 2004 - 07:41 AM

I have heard alot about the risk of the flywheel key breaking and causing damage. I have a 03 WR450F and was wondering how real this is, what is involved in the fix and if there is any dealer recall etc.

:cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 01, 2004 - 05:38 PM

You have to do your own recall and upgrade to 04 parts. See instructions on this web site:

http://www.wr450.com...inals/index.htm

You can save on the side cover by ordering the bushing and pressing it into the side cover. Search this fourm for bushing part number it is very cheap.

This is a must upgrade! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fast Freddie

Posted December 01, 2004 - 11:24 PM

I think he is refering to the woodruf key failure. There is lots of talk in this forum in regards to that.

To answer your question, YES it is a recall if your bike has not been done already.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 02, 2004 - 05:08 AM

The service bulletin (not a recall) is a TSB loctite bandaid and it is well documented that it does not work on this forum. The 04 Upgrade works! :cry:
You think Yamaha made the design changes in 04 for the latest 03 just for the fun of it? :cry:

• SMD

Posted December 02, 2004 - 07:52 PM

As usual Indy speaks the word......do it. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.