XR 600 speedometer

7 replies to this topic
  • Pengaleng

Posted December 01, 2004 - 06:25 AM

Does anyone know if there is any available alternative to the Trail Tech speedometer motorcycle computer???

I know that this unit is jam up, but was looking for an alternative.

This will be for a 93' XR600

• 600ish

Posted December 01, 2004 - 08:28 PM

I'm going to buy the ICO Dualsport for $120 from www.bajadesigns.com which is supposed to be much tougher than the Trail Tech. I know that ICO makes the Rallysport as well, which has many more features at quite a bit more. Good Luck, Walt

• HeadTrauma

Posted December 01, 2004 - 10:28 PM

Not that long ago ATK had a pile they were getting rid of cheap. alot of people bought two because it was such a deal. You might find someone with a spare they'll sell you.

• lucky_logger6

Posted December 01, 2004 - 11:08 PM

I had been trying to get one of the ATK units but ended up modifying a $10 bicycle computer form walmart to work on my XR400. Depending on the features you are looking for in a unit this may be a cheep alternative. I JB welded the magnetic pickup in the front rotor and lengthened the wire with light speaker wire. The whole install only took an hour and a half and a couple beers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dale

Posted December 02, 2004 - 03:37 PM

I bought 2 of the ATK ones and after using one was a little disappointed you can't preset the odo, only reset to zero (Only a problem in enduros). Other than that is is great. So if you want the 2nd one let me know.

• buffalo

Posted December 02, 2004 - 03:51 PM

Hello! I just posted for putting a speedo on a CRF 230. If you want the factory Honda set up, you can find the parts at Bike Bandit.

• dale

Posted December 03, 2004 - 04:00 AM

By Honda parts you mean the drive parts at the wheel? I assumed the XR600 already had that stuff stock, and just needed the actual speedo.

• BadlandZ

Posted December 21, 2004 - 09:57 PM

I had been trying to get one of the ATK units but ended up modifying a $10 bicycle computer form walmart to work on my XR400. Depending on the features you are looking for in a unit this may be a cheep alternative. I JB welded the magnetic pickup in the front rotor and lengthened the wire with light speaker wire. The whole install only took an hour and a half and a couple beers

Do you have, or could you take, photos and explain exactly how you mounted it? I'm planning on trying this on my wifes TT-R125LE.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.