Just Picked it up Today

6 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_K

Posted November 30, 2004 - 10:22 PM

05 WR450 :cry: Cant Wait to tweak it and try it out this weekend. I started cracking up when i started it all stock. Sure sounds funny like it doesnt want to run in stock form. the things the have to do to sell bikes in this state (ca.)
What a joke. :cry: I know the bike will run great a scare the &^$^ out of me when i uncork it. I have a 450F quad, it sounded and ran better stock than this thing.And that half throttle..... :cry: .... well glad to join the ranks of the 450's on 2 wheels. see ya out there :cry:

• YamahaSteve

Posted November 30, 2004 - 10:42 PM

When I first fired up my 04 WR450 it was quieter than the TTr250 I sold to buy it!! It sound like a pent up lawn mower. Uncorked the bike is a bad a$$!! Yoiu are gonna be in for a wonderful treat!

• Texas4play

Posted December 01, 2004 - 07:59 AM

Congrats on the new ride!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flip01

Posted December 01, 2004 - 08:27 AM

Congrats! You'll be real happy with it. Start with the throttle stop and jetting. Damn things are WAY to lean.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 01, 2004 - 05:42 PM

Congrats you have the best all around trail bike made! Enjoy! Welcome to this forum. :cry:

• Kevin_K

Posted December 05, 2004 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Guys.. i havent had a chance until today to start playing with my new honey.. one question... in the jd kit for wr it say 3rd groove for clip on needle, on the other side for the yz it says 4th groove. should i do 4th groove if i do the yz timing adjustment?

• 450_James

Posted December 05, 2004 - 06:24 PM

I hear ya on the sound it makes pure stock. Got my 05 450 a few months ago and my kids XR70 was about as loud. Congrats!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.