Frame guards

8 replies to this topic
  • harider19

Posted November 30, 2004 - 07:55 PM

Are there any frame guards out there that cover the whole part of the frame where your boots rub? Or is there any way to keep the paint from rubbing off and then looking like junk? :cry: thanks in advance

• mikedabike

Posted November 30, 2004 - 08:33 PM

I use lightspeed carbon fiber. They seem to go up higher than most. Also since the Carbon fiber is thicker than the plastic or aluminum one it seems to keep your boots away from the frame better.

• Wyatt

Posted November 30, 2004 - 08:42 PM

rub the paint off and be proud that you ride your bike enought to do that. Some people don't.

Fram guards are uglier than the bare metal. IMO

My Sidi's took the paint off of my frame on the first ride. i haven't looked back. But thats just me.

• alfie

Posted December 01, 2004 - 02:27 AM

I run acerbis frame gauards on my wr with no probs and my bike gets used every wkend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted December 01, 2004 - 08:00 AM

I run acerbis frame gauards on my wr with no probs and my bike gets used every wkend.

DITTO ! :cry:

Much cheaper too!

Bonzai :cry:

• harider19

Posted December 01, 2004 - 12:15 PM

How durable is the carbon fiber?

• yamaha9985

Posted December 01, 2004 - 06:26 PM

If you want you could put on some clear grip tape like the pro's use. I forgot how sells it but I think it comes in different tackiness.

• vchssrider

Posted December 01, 2004 - 06:44 PM

acerbis frame gaurds I believe go all the way up to the tank.

• mikedabike

Posted December 01, 2004 - 07:19 PM

The carbon fiber ones seem to be holding up fairly well. I dont think they function any differently but I think they look cooler. Of course they cost more.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.