steering stabilizer

4 replies to this topic
  • 99raptor

Posted November 30, 2004 - 04:29 PM

gonna get a steering stabilizer for myself for christmas. i have an 04 yz450f and ride the desert exclusively. should i get the scotts or the gpr? and why?any bad experiences from either of these? :cry: :cry:

• yzf450jack

Posted November 30, 2004 - 09:21 PM

:cry: Go with SCOTTS :cry: i had a GPR it sucked :cry: scotts has more adjustments to tailor you riding style

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wardo

Posted December 01, 2004 - 03:34 AM

I've ridden and raced with a Scotts, GPR, WER and RTT. The WER is great for eastern style rocks and woods, but is very hard to adjust on the fly. I liked the integrated nature of the RTT and the thumb adjuster quite a bit. The GPR was OK, but I've had two fail. I liked the Scotts the most, it seemed to damp the best, it is very adjustable and from my experience the most reliable of the bunch. I was talking to a friend who has WAY more experience than myself who said every brand has failed on him at one time or another while racing. Still my final vote is for a Scotts.

Posted December 01, 2004 - 07:55 AM

I have been racing with the Scotts for 5 years and it has Never let me down once. Periodic maintenance such as changing the fluid every year is all that I have had to do with mine.

Bonzai :cry:

• katoom125

Posted December 01, 2004 - 05:55 PM

It's unanimous then -- we all vote for the scotts dampers.

I have 2 scott's dampers (one on each bike) and have never had a problem with either one - the only other brand I have tried was a WER and I wasn't impressed with lack of adjustability although it did seem to do it's job - I haven't tried anything else and probably never will since I've been happy with the scott's units.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.