throttle stop

3 replies to this topic
  • Drewmc

Posted July 16, 2001 - 07:28 PM

I just removed the throttle stop on my 2000 WR 400. Afterwards i went to give the throttle a twist to see what a difference it made, and to my dismay i noticed no difference. My question is: does cutting down the throttle stop increase the travel of the throttle, or does it just allow the carburator slide to open more?

• mcarp

Posted July 16, 2001 - 07:38 PM

Yes, cutting it down will do both things you mentioned.

You mention 2000 WR. Is it used? If you noticed no difference, then it's probably already cut. Or measure 23mm total bolt length. You can usually tell from hack marks if the stop was cut.

DO NOT remove the stop. The stop is still present in ALL WR/YZ models. Just so happens the US model WR only has a longer stop to pass emmissions. Repeat, do not remove the stop :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drewmc

Posted July 16, 2001 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for the input. The bike is not used, i'm only now getting around to doing the mods. I cut the bolt down to about 26 mm because i had read that was the best length to keep it from hitting the rev limiter. Tommarow i will get out and ride and really make a determination if i did the mod correct of if i've done something terriably wrong!

• Bill

Posted July 17, 2001 - 04:21 AM

Pull the airbox boot back away from the carb and tuck it behind the frame. Then turn the throttle to wide open and stick your finger in the inlet and feel if the slide is going to the top. If not. it needs to be shortened.

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.