XR650R Christmas List

40 replies to this topic
  • RingKingPin

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:19 AM

I have an IMS 4.6 and it fits perfectly with my QS carb. I never had to do anything to either the carb or the tank to make it fit. I opted for the dry break cap --- eye candy. :cry:

• qadsan

Posted December 02, 2004 - 11:17 AM

I've owned both Clarke 4.3 & IMS 3.2 tanks and never had any fitment issues with my QS carbs on any of my xr650r's. The only fitment issues I'm aware of are for the tanks themselves. The Clarke tanks used to not fit California XR650R's unless the emission equipment was removed, but maybe that has since changed??? My IMS tanks all required me to trim the lower mount on the right radiator shroud to properly fit, but this was easy to do.

• pammy

Posted December 02, 2004 - 11:24 AM

Cool, I'm calling Edelbrock today!

• CapXR650R

Posted December 02, 2004 - 11:34 AM

Cool, I'm calling Edelbrock today!

Try Ebay... There is a seller offering the Edelbrock QS carb for $349

• pammy

Posted December 02, 2004 - 01:53 PM

Oh wow...cool, I'll look that up 2nite.

• 1biglung

Posted December 02, 2004 - 02:48 PM

Barnums has them listed for $375.00

I have never used or met him but from what I gather

1. He is a TT'r
2. Races and rides XR650 (Tons of experience setting these up, :cry: Just iron manned the Baja 1000 :cry: )
3. From what I hear he will help with all adjustments.
4. Great customer service. :cry:

For me it would be worth the $25.00

When I get some $$ together I am going to Barnums for suspension/spring work.

This is all based on what I have seen and read not 1st hand.
Hopefully soon I will have 1st hand knowledge (Christmas is coming :lol: )

Opps !!!!! I almost forgot :cry: :cry: :D :lol: to you for being a great wife.

• bigtom17

Posted December 02, 2004 - 04:00 PM

Pammy, do.... by all means go through Barnumspro.com. It is true what they say about Rob. I have had to replace a couple parts with the EBQS and he called edelbrock and they sent them free of charge etc... From what I understand he used to work with Edelbrock and or has very close ties to them to solve issues and development of this product. I have had mine for 2 years and would make it number one to make the bike run like a dream. Also look at the bottom of TTmembers post to see what they have bolted on. Ditto on your being a fantastic wife.

• pammy

Posted December 02, 2004 - 06:37 PM

I emailed Rob @ Barnum. For some reason I couldn't bring up the carburator portion of the site, so i just emailed him!

I got an email back from Clark. The 00-02 tank fits the 03 too. So I'm good there.

On Edelbrocks site it said "Requires the use of Honda Power-up manifold #16211-MBN-640."

Does this come with the carb package?

• tirebiter

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:28 PM

On Edelbrocks site it said "Requires the use of Honda Power-up manifold #16211-MBN-640."

Nope, Gotta buy the manifold separate..

Have you checked out SRC, XR's only & Bajadesigns??
They carry many of the items mentioned in previous posts,,

http://www.bajadesigns.com/
http://www.xrsonly.com/
http://secure.srcinc.net/index.cfm

Here's a nice links site, Just about all the places to spend bucks listed.
http://www.dbsaclub.org/links.htm

• RingKingPin

Posted December 02, 2004 - 09:14 PM

I emailed Rob @ Barnum. For some reason I couldn't bring up the carburator portion of the site, so i just emailed him!

I got an email back from Clark. The 00-02 tank fits the 03 too. So I'm good there.

If your hubby's bike is "uncorked" and I'm pretty damn sure it is, then he already has the manifold. Isn't he on Thumper Talk and reading about all the cool stuff your gonna get him for Christmas? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR/CRDave

Posted December 03, 2004 - 08:10 AM

If he doesn't have aftermarket bars and a top triple clamp then I would definately recommend that because it really helps the ergos. I bought the BRP top clamp with Pro Tapers and what a diff in riding.

• BIGGITY

Posted December 03, 2004 - 08:29 AM

Top 2 mods for the XR650R.

1) Edelbrock (so I'vce heard and am going to buy myself one for X-mas

2) If he rides sand or anything loose a GPR or Scotts Steering dampner/stabalizer. It has saved my arse so many times in the dez going high speed when I hit a big rock buried in the sand. I for sure would have quite a few broken bones by now if I did not have my GPR. :cry:

BTW you rock as a wife! Can you call my gf and give her some pointers? LOL j/k

• pammy

Posted December 03, 2004 - 09:24 AM

Fortunately for me, he doesn't read this board!

So you think he already has the manifold? Where/what is it exactly? how much are they? What part of the uncorking do you usually replace that manifold?

• qadsan

Posted December 03, 2004 - 09:50 AM

If he has an aftermarket exhaust system, then it's extremely likely he's using the correct intake manifold. The stock restricted manifold can be easily modified with an exact knife if needed or you can buy the correct one from any Honda dealer (Honda PN# 16211-MBN-640 / retail price = $14.71 or $11.16 with a discount). I'd recommend not buying it at this time because it's highly likely his bike already has it installed.

• pammy

Posted December 03, 2004 - 11:46 AM

Just ordered the carb. Got the tank last night.

On to the skid plate!

Sounds good, I'll wait on the manifold, cuz you're right, for all I know he already has it.

• ThunderChicken

Posted December 03, 2004 - 01:13 PM

there's a lot of things i'd get before the carb....

but since you already ordered him one, forget about the skid plate (the stock skid plate works the best anyway) and get him one or all of the below:

1. suspension job from bob bell at precision concepts
2. steering dampener
3. membership to a gym

• RingKingPin

Posted December 03, 2004 - 02:20 PM

(the stock skid plate works the best anyway)

Huh :cry: :cry: ?? It might work well to shovel S*** but offers little to no protection what so ever!

• tirebiter

Posted December 03, 2004 - 07:05 PM

Actually the best thing you can do to the pig is surround it by trees..BIG trees! :cry:
http://community.web...226703374ypQGLn

• pammy

Posted December 04, 2004 - 08:39 AM

Nice bike!

Well, I decided to start off with these three things. The Edelbrock carb, the tank & the skid plate. I still have to order the skid plate. Since he doesn't have the suspension done, the skid plate seems like a must. The boys bottom it out right now, and my hubby is working his way towards bottoming out!

I went with the carb, cuz there were great reviews on its performance here @ TT and it seems to be a good contribution to the overall performance of the bike as a whole. I think he'll enjoy that especially as his skills increase!

I sure do appreciate everyone's input! Hopefully I can get my husband to log on to TT. But not until AFTER the holidays!!! :cry:

Thanks again!
Pam

• Roll_it_on

Posted December 04, 2004 - 08:56 AM

Pammy - You never did let us know if you have any sisters :cry: Well not for me since I'm already taken but I'm sure we could hook her up on this board. I would be so jazzed if my wife was on TT asking the guys what she should buy me for Christmas. Way to go!!!! :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.