Need Help!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • Derekj426

Posted November 30, 2004 - 12:59 AM

Ok, have a bit of a problem here.. Got an 01 YZ426F.. The hex bolt for the oil filter cover won't tighten all the way down, its stripped. Only tightens down a little bit but it doesn't feal like its enough.. What can I do? Run a lil longer bolt to reach the undamaged threads or what? Not sure how to fix this :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• alfie

Posted November 30, 2004 - 04:11 AM

Tou could try running a thread tap down the hole very gently, if memorey servers me right its about 6mm. hope this helps. :cry:

And dont rush it take your time.

• yz426onNOS

Posted November 30, 2004 - 02:48 PM

Heilicoil

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted November 30, 2004 - 03:16 PM

Mine has been like that since Sept 2002!!

I just make sure its the last bolt I put back in and I use teflon tape on the threads......never a leak and still going. I just snug it down when I put that bolt in.

If your not comfortable with that then heli coil it.

• Derekj426

Posted November 30, 2004 - 04:45 PM

I got a bolt from the yamaha dealership that is about 1/4 inch longer then the stock bolt and I put it in with no problems and it tightened down and no leaks.. Wouldn't that work? The threads go back farther then what the stock bolt reaches or am I blocking something that I'm not aware of?

• Satch0922

Posted November 30, 2004 - 04:57 PM

you should be fine.

• Derekj426

Posted November 30, 2004 - 05:02 PM

cool, thx for the info about the helicoil, and putting teflon, was brain loacked and couldn't think of anything but maybe a longer bolt, duh...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.