wr450 on/off switch removal

7 replies to this topic
  • youngr24

Posted November 29, 2004 - 06:41 PM

I am tring to put a std. yz number plate on my wr and the on/off switch is in the way. I can remount it somewhere else but I don't like it any way. If I removing the on/off switch will this diable the e-start or is it just safety devise??

• Rocky_Mountain_Racer

Posted November 29, 2004 - 09:23 PM

:cry: HI. I had an 04 wr450 and I mounted the switch done at the steering head. Tried to bypass the switch but it would drain the battery.

• simica

Posted November 29, 2004 - 10:37 PM

I am also interested in using the yz number plate. Are you using the stock WR top triple clamp and what did you do about the speedo spacer on the front axle? Any info - Thanks

• mousemeat

Posted November 30, 2004 - 04:17 AM

i switch to a yz number plate when going off road and the switch doesnt get in the way all that much, just need to use a zip ty each time to secure it to the tray that holds the stock odometer. I used the ufo one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted November 30, 2004 - 06:51 AM

I run a YZ number plate on a Scotts TC on my '04 WR. For the switch I made a bracket that is held on by one of the left handlebar clamp bolts. Works great. As for the odometer I'm running a Trailtech and just put a rubber vacuum cap over the connection on the gear drive where the cable used to hook up.

• youngr24

Posted November 30, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I put the plate on last night and remounted the switch to the handle bar bolt, it works well and the plate looks good..

• Titanium Fink

Posted December 01, 2004 - 04:10 AM

Can you show us pics of the end product?

• youngr24

Posted December 01, 2004 - 01:38 PM

my camrea is trashed. fell on it at the dunes and it has alot of sand in it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.