Anyone go from an 02 WR426 to an 05 WR450?

4 replies to this topic
  • SPUTTER

Posted November 29, 2004 - 05:58 PM

I currently have an 02 that I absolutely love - but due to back problems I can no longer kick start without much pain. The concern I have with the 05 is the seat comfort. (I had an 03 YZ250F that just killed me because of the thin seat it had - and aftermarket seats didn't help enough) - I like to ride for an hour or two at a time - so I'm wondering if anyone has had experience in long rides on the new beast and can give me some feedback. Also, how does the suspension compare with the 02?
Thanks in advance.
Tom

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 29, 2004 - 06:05 PM

Go for the e-start and get a guts racing seat for your new WR.
Once you got e-start you wont go back to kicking.
I would think the suspension would be better on the new bike. But you have to fit the suspension to your weight and riding style/terrain no matter what you buy. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SPUTTER

Posted November 29, 2004 - 06:14 PM

I used a Guts seat on my YZF and although it helped, the combination of tall ergos and a really thin seat to begin with did me in. That's why I'm asking the question, someone who rides long and hard should know if there's a potential problem. With the 02 there is no seat problem for me.

• oldbones

Posted November 29, 2004 - 06:45 PM

I have a YZ seat on my WR, but it's an aftermarket. It's the SDG tall, and it's cushy as a couch. Much more comfortable than the stock WR seat ever was ('02 WR426). I would say if the seat is your concern, then don't sweat it. Bet the 450 and if the seat turns out to be too stiff, rest assured that you can fix it with an aftermarket seat! :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted November 29, 2004 - 06:50 PM

Well, close, I went from an 01 WR426F to an 04 WR450F only because of the e-start! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.