Baja Designs Kit?.......Which one?

1 reply to this topic
  • faster400

Posted July 16, 2001 - 05:43 AM

Hey guys i have a question for you.... I am ready to order a Dual Sport kit for the beast and not sure which one I need... Baja Designs makes the conversion kit and the "D.O.T" conversion kit ... what does the D.O.T conversion come with that the other one doesn't?

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted July 16, 2001 - 08:01 AM

DOT kit comes with the Baja HP headlight & a brake/license plate light mounted on the aluminum license plate bracket. Both the Baja HP & tail light are DOT legal. I bought the full DOT legal kit for my '99 because the DOT upgrade costs less than a Baja HP headlight would have cost when I broke (crash damage)my stock one.

I have the stock WR taillight wired for tail/brake functions & the DOT light is mounted but not wired. FYI - I was stopped by a ranger at Gorman (friendly wave to pull over & chat) and he commented about my non-functioning DOT tail/brake light not being legit.

Brian

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.