Bent rim

6 replies to this topic
  • twosixtwo

Posted November 29, 2004 - 04:15 PM

Can you straighten out a bent rim, got two little dings on my rim and was wondering if I could straighten it out

• yzf450jack

Posted November 29, 2004 - 07:25 PM

:lol: :D :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :D :D :lol: :D ;) ;) ;) ;) and :D ;) ;)

• yz426onNOS

Posted November 29, 2004 - 07:26 PM

If there minor don't worry about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimFurryBalls

Posted November 30, 2004 - 03:39 PM

You one big, muh. . . :cry:

• BC3

Posted November 30, 2004 - 08:22 PM

I have straightened bent steel rims when thats all that there was......kinda dating myself
but unless its really bad like 426 said don't worry about it....would just be a cosmetic fix

Posted December 01, 2004 - 08:12 AM

The other thing is > How does it ride since being bent? I have one hanging in my trailer that most folks would call minor damage...... But the damn thing vibrated so much at high speed it drove me crazy to the point where I bought bar inserts (That didn't help), and eventually broke down and replaced the rim and spoke for about $150.00.

Bonzai :cry:

• MaxAZ

Posted December 02, 2004 - 06:09 PM

I've found that I can use a hydraulic press to repair just about any ding/dent without even removing the tire from the wheel. That's as long as the dent hasn't gotten the wheel itself out of round. I can tell you a vice won't work and if you're going to use a hammer you'll have to beat it to death as well as remove the tire. Find somebody with a decent press and you'll be :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.