Does anybody else

12 replies to this topic
  • Kritter

Posted November 28, 2004 - 07:02 PM

think this new board software sucks?

Why do they keep changing it? Its just more work for them! Ive given it time to sink in and get used to it, but it fails in comparison to the old forum...in my opinion.

• Roll_it_on

Posted November 28, 2004 - 07:46 PM

I don't like change much myself but I can't complain to loud since I'm not the one having to make all of this work for everybody. I want to know how do you get the thread once you click on it to jump to the newest post without having to scroll through all of the posts each time. The old version did that and it sure saved time. Any body can you help a technology idiot out :cry:

• Kritter

Posted November 28, 2004 - 07:53 PM

the old version was better in many more ways then that!...if htey kept it with the old software there would be no extra work needed...

• bluestragler

Posted November 28, 2004 - 08:25 PM

I find it easier to use, and MUCH faster on my browser. Sure there are a few bugs, but change always precipitates a few problems. Be sure to post your feedback in the suggestions forum to. JMO.

• targetdrone

Posted November 28, 2004 - 09:58 PM

Why do they keep changing it? Its just more work for them!

What? Do you still ride an '81 YZ250 and wonder why they keep changing motocross bikes? Besides...it's a FREE forum. If it's easier on the admins, I can handle it too. Go whine in the general forum.

• HeadTrauma

Posted November 28, 2004 - 10:07 PM

I like it heaps more than the old Infopop software. It has more features and besides, I know where everything is.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KeithBoyd

Posted November 29, 2004 - 11:01 AM

I`m a member of www.ukgser.com and www.advrider.com ,all with this type of stuff...its all the same now.....far better in my opinion.....but thats the trouble with opinions....everybody`s got one!!!!!

• Kritter

Posted November 29, 2004 - 12:25 PM

What? Do you still ride an '81 YZ250 and wonder why they keep changing motocross bikes? Besides...it's a FREE forum. If it's easier on the admins, I can handle it too. Go whine in the general forum.

Motocross bikes keep getting better! All I said was it was my opinion that older board was better and needed ZERO work by the admins to improve...ZERO work. This new board took ALOT OF WORK and still needs ALOT of WORK...

• BRP27

Posted November 30, 2004 - 10:18 AM

The new board has some differences, but change is good. The new board has split out my sons bike into it's own forum, so we get more info on his bike.

• BRP27

Posted November 30, 2004 - 10:21 AM

AND... I just noticed everyone has used the quick reply on this thread, thats new, and faster

• BWB63

Posted November 30, 2004 - 10:54 AM

It would be nice to know who the responce is too, when reading a post in a thread. It was that if I posted it would say who I am responding to. Why, have to use the quote all the time to let others know what part of the thread you are replying too. No pictures, no links in the signature. Small avatars...shure it's faster but, not as fun. The old site was more "FUN". It's the best group so far. At least it isn't ran by some parinoid freek that has 101 rules and freeks out if you have a link to another site or group! Forums live and die by the rules and changes they make. Go over and check out 4Strokes forum....find out how long you last over there if you post what gets throwen about over here. It's all about advertizing! There are 46,000+ members here....If you could convince them that opening up the new softwear to be more fun will generate more money to the TT store there would be bigger avatars, Pictures in the posts and all that fun stuff.....It's not about us, it's about the TT store, Support the store and then let them know when you are buying how you want the forum to be, If they don't listen buy at Rocky Mountain ATV or some other place........
I was just going over prices and doing searchs for the best price on the IMS Fluidyne Radiators, Radiator guards and a few other things.....Rocky Mountain, Barnum's or TT store???? How much is a little more fun and pictures worth???

• timvv51

Posted November 30, 2004 - 06:14 PM

I dont understand why on most posts you can just scroll down the page like this one but on other posts you have to keep going back to the top of the page (or begining of the thread) and then click on the next post. Does anybody else have this problem.
Signed
Digitally challenged

• Roll_it_on

Posted November 30, 2004 - 08:03 PM

Nobody wants to answer my question as to if I can set this up to jump to the latest/last post since your last visit like the old forum did. :cry: Does anybody know? I hate this computer stuff :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.