Seized!!!!

24 replies to this topic
  • SSpeeDEMONSS

Posted December 02, 2004 - 07:31 PM

if it has been run hard at all it will be the rod bearing! 426 throw them like crazy!

it is the rod bearing and it has definately been run hard.

• mikev7

Posted December 02, 2004 - 08:33 PM

Hey, you shure that your oil pump didn't fail? I always check the oil galley bolt every 2 rides or so. If theirs no oil when you loosen the bolt, your oil pump has failed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • riphonda

Posted December 02, 2004 - 09:25 PM

You are supposed to also clean that little tube thing under the stem, i think its called a strainer or something when you do the oil along with filter and oil change. YOu have to take the skid plate off to do it. Thats per the yamaha service manual. I dont know if that could possibly get clogged and affect the oil flow/ pump duties? Well anyways why dont you try ebay for a complete motor, i have seen some go for 500-800 bucks complete and in running condition. Just a thought.

• Scooter426

Posted December 03, 2004 - 01:39 PM

my mechanic said it would be pretty obvious if there was an oil problem. Lots more signs of damage in the motor than just the big end rod bearing. So if the rest of your motor has no signs of damage, it was just the rod bearing that failed. My parts were ~220 and the labor was ~500. Not too bad, but still a bit of sticker shock. Mine runs great now, it feels as fast as my 450!!! almost......

• SSpeeDEMONSS

Posted December 04, 2004 - 05:27 PM

its not the oil pump. i know that for sure. and it's not the oil strainer. i know how to check that and it was checked the last time the oil was changed. i should hopefully have the parts back sometime this coming week. once its all in the bike should be together in a day.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.