Graphic Kit for XR650L with IMS tank

13 replies to this topic
  • XR-Det

Posted November 28, 2004 - 11:40 AM

Just wondering if there is any graphic kits (seat/decals) available for the XR650L. I've been looking all over but can't find any.

Especially since I have the IMS tank on it and it looks kind of bare without anything on it.

All those neat decals and seatcovers they make for the CRs look pretty nice to me but somehow they forgot the 650 XRLs. I thought with that it would at least look pretty fast ;-))

I think my only option is to draw me some design and have one of these vinyl auto signmakers cut me what I want...

Has anyone else looked for something like that before?? Maybe succesfull??

Det

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:01 PM

IMS makes their own graphics kit for their tanks including the XR600/650L. I believe Ceet also makes one for the oversize tank.

• roadcam

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:17 PM

as I understand it, the plastic tanks "breathe", and the gasoline vapors make their way through the plastic, and eat up the vinyl stickers ... that's why some graphics have all those little pinholes in them, to allow the tank to vent its vapors ... I bought me a couple of big red hog stickers for my tank, but changed my mind about putting them on until I find out more ... I'm thinking about using a red-hot needle to make my stickers "breathe", but will wait until I see more posts on this situation ...

• XR-Det

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Jeff,

I'll look a little more for these two. The IMS website www.imsproducts.com itself does not even list the XRL tank or mention anything about custom graphix.

Maye something like that for my tank and I would be already happy:

http://img37.photobu...nt=P1010025.jpg

Det

• XR-Det

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:45 PM

hi roadcam,

interesting point, never thought about that but I sure believe that a plastic tank might breathe.

On the other hand I just refurbished my sons PW80 OEM plastic tank. A '94 model and those stickers were a pain to get off. No sign at all after 10 years of gasoline vapors eating them up. Well, who knows what materials that is and if its compareable to the IMS plastic and vinyl sticker.

Just give me an address where I can order a set of those stickers shown on the picture I posted a message earlier and I'll give you a full test report how they stick and if they come apart ;-)

Detlef

• drtlvr

Posted November 28, 2004 - 02:05 PM

I just got mine installed and it looks awsome it's for ims tanks.
I got it at www.motorsports-network.com 66.95 with shipping

graphic 112222 item id 8002222

• XR-Det

Posted November 28, 2004 - 03:30 PM

Thanks drtlvr,

I found the part number you said but there is no hint on what it looks like. Do you have a picture??

I am getting frustrated here, no online site posts a picture or mentions that it fits the XR650L or IMS tank. Well, for the IMS/CEET product I would assume it would but without knowing what it looks like, hmmm.

CEET itself is still building on their 2 page website at http://ceetracing.com/ and together with IMS who doesn't list the XRL tank or anything about graphics, which CEET is supposedly making for them is that for as good.

Maybe I should email them and see if they admit selling that stuff :cry:
Seems to be top secret stuff ;-))

Det

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 28, 2004 - 04:37 PM

Look under XR600's since thats what the tanks are actually listed as.

• XR-Det

Posted November 28, 2004 - 05:54 PM

Jeff,

hmm, comparing IMS tank and XR600 it seems to be a little bit smaller but I found a N-Style Ultra kit, decals and seat cover for $60 at www.worldwidemotocross.com. They have most graphics discounted at 50% of retail.

Do you think the XR600 seat is identical to the XR650L seat?

I also emailed IMS and CEET to send me some infos... wish I had a dealer here local who stocks that stuff so I could just hold it on to see what size and color it is!!

Det

• RingKingPin

Posted November 28, 2004 - 06:41 PM

IMS does make a graphic kit for the 650r. I have it. It's not on the website but it looks pretty good. I have the 4.6 gal tank and it fits it well. I'm on my second set of these. They haven't changed in three years.
http://img.photobuck...illSpotcrop.jpg

• XR-Det

Posted November 28, 2004 - 06:56 PM

Nice picture RinKingPin,

I like it but I have the "L", so my IMS tank is one big piece no radiator shrouds. The N-Style set for the XR600 looks like this http://members.cox.n...ultra_XR600.jpg

I am just afraid that the tank decal comes out a little short...

Det

• RingKingPin

Posted November 28, 2004 - 09:01 PM

here is my latest graphic kit! :
eek:
http://img.photobuck...ehabplastic.jpg

• XR-Det

Posted November 29, 2004 - 04:15 AM

Hey, how do find your bike after you parked it for a break in the woods?? :cry:

Det

• XR-Det

Posted November 29, 2004 - 12:48 PM

IMS responded to my tank decal request with the email below, at least I know they have them even though I still don't know what they look like ;-))

==================================
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 12:48 PM
To: XR-Det
Subject: RE: XR650L with IMS tank - looking for tank decals

WE DO OFFER GRAPHICS FOR THESE TANKS HOWEVERWE DO NOT HAVE ANY PIC'S OF OUR NEW GRAPHICS ON OUR WEBSITE, AS THE SITE IS STILL NEW TO US AS WELL. THE GRAPHICS ARE SIMILAR TO OUR OLDER ONES BUT THEY JUST HAVE OUR NEW LOGO, IF YOU WOULD LIKE I COULD SEND YOU ONE OF OUR OLDER CATALOGS WITH THE GRAPHIC PIC'S INSIDE ???

THANKS

GREG M.-IMS

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.