Rear Footpegs for XR650...do they exist..??

12 replies to this topic
  • KeithBoyd

Posted November 28, 2004 - 11:07 AM

anyone know if they are available at all??.....if so any buying details??...

• Kritter

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:07 PM

baja designs was the one and only and they discontinuted them due to bad design. I have a set and broke them...

Once they beef them up, keep them from rubbing aftermarket pipes, and use hardware that doesnt rust before it gets out of the package...they will be back out on the market.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:07 PM

We carry them! Buddy pegs

• Kritter

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:40 PM

We carry them! Buddy pegs

those look like the baja designs pegs that were discontinued...

that black billet piece is what breaks...it rubs the swingarm on BOTH of the 650s I have put those on...

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 28, 2004 - 04:38 PM

Thats what they are, IMS said they had them in stock so I'm assuming these are the new and improved ones.

• jws

Posted November 28, 2004 - 06:52 PM

[quote name='Kritter']that black billet piece is what breaks...it rubs the swingarm QUOTE]

ive had mine for over a year with know problem :cry: it might hit on the left side with a stock spring :cry: but i am a 300# fat a$$ with a 12.0 and its been fine

jeff :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted November 28, 2004 - 06:57 PM

Thats what they are, IMS said they had them in stock so I'm assuming these are the new and improved ones.

nope they are not available yet...I just got a refund on 2 sets for taking a shat 2 weeks ago.

I ride with a passenger through the same crap I ride without a passenger and the pegs have to be tough....hitting on the swingarm is just crappy design. The new design will not be available for a couple months.

I spoke with Lorrac at baja designs and he helped me out with everything...

• jws

Posted November 28, 2004 - 07:15 PM

I ride with a passenger through the same crap I ride without a passenger

i just use mine to take my 5 year old to school and back :cry:

• KeithBoyd

Posted November 29, 2004 - 10:24 AM

Thanks guys..keep me posted if you hear of any other ones.....need a pair to take the wife on the back for a scoot thru the mountains.....(I suggested she wrapped her legs around me but of course the reply was"less of that we`re married"......

• drex

Posted November 29, 2004 - 04:50 PM

anyone know if they are available at all??.....if so any buying details??...

Not vouching for them, just remember seeing them:

http://www.fourstrok...egsclampon.html

• Hobbes

Posted November 29, 2004 - 08:50 PM

These are off a UK website MW racing I know it's a bit out of the way and the exchange rate isn't the best at the moment but they do look reasonably strong;

XR650R passenger footpegs

Saying that, I don't know anyone who's had a a pair so like the man said I'm not vouching for them !

HTH :cry:

• KeithBoyd

Posted December 03, 2004 - 09:02 AM

was on www.visordown.com and got a good answer to this question....for information if you check www.mwracing.net and click on the XR section you`ll see rear footpegs that look like they`d work just fine(if a little pricey though..d`oh!)

• xr650rpilot

Posted December 03, 2004 - 01:28 PM

are the clamp on ones any good?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.