Anyone have a yz426 engine for sale?

4 replies to this topic
  • jespertheil

Posted November 28, 2004 - 08:46 AM

I need a new top end for a YZ426. Does anyone have an engine for sale, maybe with a trashed gearbox or so.. The top must be in good shape..

If not, where is the best place to buy a new one? My friend lost 3 valves in his 2002, so i bought it for almost nothing.

• YZDAD1

Posted November 28, 2004 - 10:29 AM

I just am finishing up a "new" rebuilt engine. It is a 2002 YZ426F that I took in on trade for my bored & stroked engine. This particular engine had a water pump seal go bad and it ended up overheating the rod bearing and tying up, it did not throw the rod through the cases or anything. It is currently going together with the following:

'03 450 auto decompress ex. cam
New valve springs & seals (head & valves are excellent)
New JE forged piston,pin, & rings
New OEM Yamaha crankshaft assembly
New timing chain
New water pump shaft & seals
New Yamaha clutch (Inner & outer basket in excellent condition)
Of course new gaskets & seals as required

This engine will be / is as good as new and I'm open to sell it or the complete bike when completed (it also is excellent condition)

send email address and I'll forward pictures of dissasembled engine and all of the new components going together.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scooter426

Posted November 28, 2004 - 02:26 PM

I have a complete 2000 yz 426 for sale for $3Kobo. New motor. make me an offer. scott,

pics at

• YZDAD1

Posted November 28, 2004 - 02:41 PM

PM'd you back. I'll also sell my ultra nice 2001 with this engine cheaper than "Scooter's" (alot cheaper!) Shoot 'em "Poot!" :cry:

email me at for pictures. :cry:

• MX2Havasu

Posted November 28, 2004 - 05:30 PM

I just dropped three valves on my 01' YZ426 also. I was able to salvage the head by re-cutting the valve seats ,re-sleeve the cylinder, new piston and new valves for about $600. I saved some $$$ by going with a steel valve instead of the Ti.PM me for more information if you want.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.