Lower Seat Height

3 replies to this topic
  • SteveWR450F

Posted November 28, 2004 - 08:05 AM

I have been riding my 2004 WR450F for a few months now and really love this bike. I am 5 feet 11 inches and am about 190 pounds. I mainly trail ride so do need that much wheel clearance. I wish my seat height was a inch or so lower. Anyone ever replace the rear shock spring? Any other thoughts about how to get the bike a little lower at seat height? Thanks, Steve

Posted November 28, 2004 - 12:32 PM

I shaved 1/2" of foam off the seat. Seems to help. I am 5'7" and can use all the 1/2 inches I can get. Start with the seat. It's not any LESS comfortable than stock. Doesn't "look" shaved etc.... but at your height, it will affect your sitting to standing transition, so maybe it's not the greatest idea for you but it is a way to get rid of "Some" seat height.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper728

Posted November 28, 2004 - 07:21 PM

It is better to oval out the hole on the bottom two holes of the sub frame.
I did this to my 426 and just did it to my brothers 04 wr450 today, easy to do with a dremel tool took about 30 mins. Lowered my bike about a 1 in and the same on the 450. Easier than cuttin the foam. Good Luck

• SteveWR450F

Posted November 29, 2004 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the idea. I will try it. Steve

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.