Fork spring selection help

3 replies to this topic
  • mxmhero

Posted November 28, 2004 - 06:56 AM

I all ready posted this in the suspension forum, Not really getting any help there, So i figure since i have a YZ ill ask here also,I have a 04yz450f, the stock springs are 0.460kg, For my weight the chart says i need a 0.478, closest i could find in the thumpertalk store is a 0.490 in racetech springs, will that be to much of a difference?, also factory connection makes a 0.480, but can't find anywhere online that sells that brand, any help would be greatly appreciated. thx. Joe

• grayracer513

Posted November 28, 2004 - 11:28 AM

Eibach also manufactures .48 kg/mm fork springs for the YZ forks. Mine were provided by Precision Concepts in El Cajon, CA, but they should be widely available.

I weigh about 200 in gear, and I use .48 front and a 5.8 rear on my YZ450. It works out well. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • loser

Posted November 29, 2004 - 02:11 PM

sorry...i missed your weight and skill level. suspension website charts will get you into alot of trobble and out of some cash with their spring recommendations. use the .49 front and go to a 5.3 rear (you can't do one without the other). If you are over 200 lbs, go to the 5.5 kg rear. if you swap fronts only, you will never keep your bike levelled properly while riding. i did fronts only and couldn't get my bike to turn...just bought the stiffer rear.

• mxmhero

Posted November 29, 2004 - 02:59 PM

Hi thx. for the info guys, I'm 6'2" and weigh 220 without gear, i went with a 5.6 rear, and a .49 front, Im like mid to back of the pack B-rider on a good day, I was talking to a A-class rider he said i should be pretty good with what i have coming. thx agian Joe

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.