Motorcycle Shipping

4 replies to this topic
  • BruceWA

Posted July 15, 2001 - 11:44 AM

Looking for options on shipping a bike from the east coast to the west coast. Anyone have any experience? Who offers a reasonble fee for this service?

Any help would be appreciated.

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 15, 2001 - 11:53 AM

www.forwardair.com.

I shipped my bike to Denver from NH for the Moab 2000 trip. Total cost round trip was $450.00.

The bike MUST be FULLY enclosed. I made a pallet and stuck plywood sides and top on it. Check your local bike shop. They may have the pallets available that the bikes came in on originally.

If the business you work for ships with accounts with a trucking company, you could get a SUPER deal on shipping.

The cheapest I found was $1000 round trip w/ AMTRAC, befor Forward Air.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • weekendtoy98DR

Posted July 16, 2001 - 03:00 PM

This is funny as I just dropped off my 98 DR350 off at Forwardair in NY today.It going from NY to Oregon and it cost me 178.00 with the insurance.They charge 45.43 per 100lbs.They are bar none the best deal out there I looked high and low.Here is the only hitch they only have hubs in certain locations so you may have do travel a bit.Go to the website above and they have a map showing their locations.I picked up a steel motorcycle crate from a dealer most of them have them lying around and are glad to get rid of them.Removed the bars and front tire, strapped it in tight.You must cover the top and sides in 3/8 plywood.The front and back do not need to be closed off.There are companys that will come to your door and drop off/pick up but 600+ dollars :)

[This message has been edited by weekendtoy98DR (edited 07-16-2001).]

• freestyle111

Posted July 22, 2001 - 08:35 PM

i have factory shipping crate.you just take off handlebars and front wheel crate has mounts that attach to tripleclamp and front axle.you can have it if you pay shipping.hyroler777@rcn.com

• freestyle111

Posted July 22, 2001 - 08:37 PM

i shipped my wr from cali to tennesse and it only cost $165 each way [forwardair]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.