05 wr450 oh my god!

11 replies to this topic
  • liv2ride

Posted November 27, 2004 - 10:48 AM

guys i just did ALL the mods to my new 05 450 including the JD jetting and oh my god is it SWEET!!!
i rode it bone stock so i would be able to do a before and after, wow is all i can say!!
I LOVE THIS BIKE

• las_vegas_thumper

Posted November 27, 2004 - 11:42 AM

:cry: SWEEET!
I just got one last night and road for a little bit this morning - still in break-in stage! I get gosoebumps talking about it :cry:

What mods did you do? Did you put a pipe on yet? I cant believe they force that beast to exhale through a 1/2" diamter little pipe! Open that baby up!

Thanks... Happy ridin!

• liv2ride

Posted November 27, 2004 - 12:45 PM

no pipe yet, can't decide which one i want.
i did all the free mods cut airbox, cut grey wire, cut throttle stop, remove baffle and plugged up the air induction system. then i bought the jd jetting kit and the zipty fuel screw. oh what a difference!!
i'd like some suggestions on pipes, i've had fmf and big gun before and am thinking about the pro circuit 496. any thoughts?

• mike250kx

Posted November 27, 2004 - 12:52 PM

I'm strongly considering the White Bros E2. Sounds like it gives the best performance gains + it is easy to change from forest approved spark arrestor to closed course race mode. Also is the quietest.

• las_vegas_thumper

Posted November 27, 2004 - 04:52 PM

I have heard nothing but good about Dr D! I put one on my '02 250F and man what a difference. i think I am going to start there. However, the guys I bought it from said the Bomb is a good choice as well.

Let me know what you come up with! :cry:

• bvd

Posted November 27, 2004 - 08:49 PM

How did you plug up the air system?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted November 27, 2004 - 10:24 PM

i'd like some suggestions on pipes, i've had fmf and big gun before and am thinking about the pro circuit 496. any thoughts?

Dr. D is a good setup. You probably already know it's made by Pro Circuit anyway. I run this full system on my '02 and it's fairly loud, easy to repack and it fits well. Good response up and down the rpm range.

Good luck and remember, ride her like the b$tch that she is and then treat her like a queen when she's back in the garage. (I got this from someone else who posts here)

• DirtDobber

Posted November 28, 2004 - 11:10 AM

I've got an 04 that I did all the same mods. to. And your right, the bike turns into a different animal! I couldn't believe the difference either!
It feels so awesome to just twist the throttle back in third gear slowly and watch the front end just keep on coming up! I have to admit when I first bought the bike, I was dissapointed in the power department, but after the free mods., this thing is a animal!

DD :cry:

• yfz450

Posted November 28, 2004 - 02:14 PM

Dr D makes good useable power everywhere.

• liv2ride

Posted November 29, 2004 - 07:35 AM

i didn't realizr pro circuit made dr. d... can they doth be tuned(diff. end caps) and which is the quietest with out sacrificing the power i wonder.
as for the ais plugging, i took off the AIS mechinism, left the stainless tude there but put a big rubber plug on the end of it to keep it from sucking air. i also put a big plug on the plastic fitting comming out of the air boot and a little rubber plug where the smallest hose connected.

i flogged pretty hard sunday and all the rubber plugs held up just fine.

i don't know if anyone else has done this or not but i removed the overflow tank for the antifreeze and plumbed the overflow hose down the frame to the ground. great results, no overheating, no antifreeze loose, lost a little more weight from the bike. i figured if its alright for the YZ's to not have an overflow tank it would be ok for the WR to.

did i mention that i'm loving this bike?!?

• Dual_Dog

Posted November 29, 2004 - 09:28 AM

i don't know if anyone else has done this or not but i removed the overflow tank for the antifreeze and plumbed the overflow hose down the frame to the ground. great results, no overheating, no antifreeze loose, lost a little more weight from the bike. i figured if its alright for the YZ's to not have an overflow tank it would be ok for the WR to.

did i mention that i'm loving this bike?!?

The WRF is basically a wolf in sheep's clothing. In the earlier models years, most of the YZ parts were interchangeable with the WRF.

Except for the Wide-Ratio (WR) transmission, I'm riding YZ426F right now. No lights, no fairing, no speedo, and no coolant tank. I put on a number plate, a YZ rear fender, and a Moose YZ seat and an IMS YZ tank combo, plus too many more mods to list. It's an awesome set up for the type of riding I like to do with it.

Enjoy the RIDE!

• Butta

Posted November 29, 2004 - 09:53 AM

I've even changed the motor (after it detonated) to a YZ motor...but, something still tells me that the suspension, rear tire size, and frame are still WR. How much lighter is a YZ than a WR, even with all the easy WR parts replaced with YZ? I'm curious, too, at how much difference there is in suspension. Just springs/valving, or something more? Anyone know?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.