Jetting needles

8 replies to this topic
  • Chukkar

Posted July 15, 2001 - 08:19 AM

I have completed my timing change from WR to YZ. I now wish to purchase the EKP (5jg-14916-ep) needle. I have searched all the previous posts and internet and have not found anywhere to buy the parts in the USA except from a Yama dealer. I did see where I could get them in Oz, but is there anywhere closer?
By the way the new timing substantially motivates the mid and upper range. I didnt notice much loss on the bottom.

---------------
01 WR426, YZ timed, Grey Wire disconnected, SDG seat, YZ tank, Acerbis hanguards, Forks lowered.

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 15, 2001 - 12:04 PM

SUDCO has everything you need. Cannot find the number though.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• Chukkar

Posted July 15, 2001 - 01:59 PM

Kevin,
SUDCO does not show any parts or part numbers on thier web site. I sent them an e-mail to ask. Is there any other online source?

• mdek

Posted July 15, 2001 - 02:45 PM

Try carbparts.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted July 15, 2001 - 05:55 PM

The needle EKP is a Yamaha only part. Sudco will carry needle EMP which is one clip position leaner (use clip #4 or 5).

The Yamaha needle is OBEKP, the OB indicates it is a hard coated needle. Cost is about $15. The Sudco needle is OCEMN, where the OC is a brass type needle. This will only cost about $8. The Yamaha needle is more durable but more costly.

Sudco- 1-800-998-3529
Carb Parts Warehouse- www.carbparts.com

James

• Ron_S

Posted July 16, 2001 - 03:56 PM

If anyone is interested, I have a YZ timing kit from Baja Design for the 400. Bought it,old enough to realize I don't need it. It has all the jets, needle, and directions.

• Bill

Posted July 16, 2001 - 06:17 PM

Ron,

Could you post the jets you received in the kit and a briefing of the instructions? Enquiering minds want to know :)

Thanks
Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• Chukkar

Posted July 17, 2001 - 03:27 PM

I e-mailed SUDCO and they told me they did not carry the needles. I purchased them from Yamaha for $11.00

• James_Dean

Posted July 18, 2001 - 07:20 AM

Sudco carries the OCEM- series needles and many others that are OC type, but not the OBEJ-, OBEK-, or OBEL- needles. The OBE-- versions are only available from Yamaha.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.