half choked to death

3 replies to this topic
  • csholer

Posted November 25, 2004 - 01:20 PM

hey guys, i have a 94 xr 600 , my first honda. i really like it as i am a former dr350 dude(never again, hardest starting pig in the world!!!). anyhow my bike won't run with the choke off. runs great at half choke. any ideas where to start on fixin' er ? thanks chris :cry:

• frankstr

Posted November 25, 2004 - 01:48 PM

Idle set right,Are you sure you moving the choke lever to the rear of the bike to turn off choke?????????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • csholer

Posted November 25, 2004 - 02:42 PM

hey, thanks for reply. i am flipping the lever up? right way wrong way? don't know which is full choke or which is open w/o pulling carb.

Posted November 25, 2004 - 04:22 PM

When the end of the choke lever points at the front tire that is the setting to start your bike. When the end of the lever is pointing straight down at the ground that is the setting for the bike to run after it has warmed up. :cry:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.