Which exhaust for xr650L

8 replies to this topic
  • socalxr650

Posted November 25, 2004 - 10:21 AM

Ok guys, and gals, I want to take from your experiences and ask what aftermarket exhaust you have. Pros and Cons of each and would you pick the same one again or pick another.

I am leaning to the White brothers E-series right now.

• savageracing

Posted November 25, 2004 - 12:00 PM

my freind has the fmf q series on his and i have it on my dr650 as well. it is a great pipe, not too loud so you won't get popped by the rangers and opens it up enough that you will need to rejet it.

• don87xr600

Posted November 25, 2004 - 01:05 PM

fmf q less sound equals more ground :cry:

• bigmike61

Posted November 25, 2004 - 01:13 PM

I have the E-Series on mine and it is great. I did have to re-jett, but the instructions tell you to try it with the stock jetting. I didn't notice a big difference with the new jet, but the pipe made a huge differnce form stock. I think any aftermarket pipe will improve the power. Happy shopping :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted November 25, 2004 - 07:25 PM

Ok guys, and gals, I want to take from your experiences and ask what aftermarket exhaust you have. Pros and Cons of each and would you pick the same one again or pick another.

I am leaning to the White brothers E-series right now.

Stay with pipes that have the disc system, like White Bros. Also stay with the quiet series. I run the Supertrapp IDS2-QS slip-on and really like it. Not too loud, tuneable and it has a decent sound.

A buddy of mine has a Big Gun Race Core full system on his XRL and it is LOUD! That wears on you to the point that you the rider, let alone others, will need earplugs to deal with the noise. It makes bigger power, but at a bigger cost in more ways than just dollars.

Rejetting is almost always mandatory after putting on a pipe. The fuel mixture is already lean and gets worse once you start modifying the exhaust or intake systems.

Happy modding.

• MotoChris521

Posted November 26, 2004 - 06:11 AM

Had a Pro-Circiut T 4, very L O U D but also very F A S T !

• XR-Det

Posted November 26, 2004 - 07:45 AM

I agree with DualDog about the BigGun Race Series. I just bought a used 2001 XR650L and it came with that thing.

I got pretty quick enough of that noise, so I went ahead and got this vortex insert for roughly $50. That brought the noice down alot to an aceptable range.

My neighbors already compared my XR with an helicopter without the insert ;-))

Det

• socalxr650

Posted November 26, 2004 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for the input ya'll. It will all come down to price and availability at the local shop I guess.

Jetting is a must do, as well as a new air filter and de-smog stuff.

• Misfit

Posted November 26, 2004 - 12:39 PM

the E-series is very good I have it on mine and it really wakes the bike up. only real problem is its kinda loud but that depends on where you ride. Im planning on getting the header this winter. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.